Friends Tourist Visa rejected

Old Apr 5th 2011, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Muttiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Friends Tourist Visa rejected

Dear all,
My friends visa is rejected on the grounds of IT Returns and that he has no immediate family back here in INDIA.
Any suggestions,how he can still fly with us.Any other sort of visa which is quick.Maybe a sponsor or something else.
Please help.
Regards,
Old Apr 5th 2011, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Friends Tourist Visa rejected

How about visitor visa?
Old Apr 5th 2011, 1:53 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Muttiah
Dear all,
My friends visa is rejected on the grounds of IT Returns and that he has no immediate family back here in INDIA.
Any suggestions,how he can still fly with us.Any other sort of visa which is quick.Maybe a sponsor or something else.
Please help.
Regards,
Um, your title says his tourist visa was rejected. So, he's not going to be coming to Australia as a tourist. End of. What sort of sponsorship did you think he could get?
Old Apr 5th 2011, 2:16 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Is he entitled to apply for a skilled visa? Does he have family here who could sponsor him for a visa? Has he done the Visa Wizard on the DIAC site? However I have to say that if they (DIAC) don't want him coming on a Tourist Visa, they're unlikely to want him on any other visa.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Is he entitled to apply for a skilled visa? Does he have family here who could sponsor him for a visa? Has he done the Visa Wizard on the DIAC site? However I have to say that if they (DIAC) don't want him coming on a Tourist Visa, they're unlikely to want him on any other visa.
Thanks for the replies.He genuinely wants to come there as a tourist.His ailing dad back in INDIA is dependant on him.What is the timegap to reapply after once rejected? Any idea?
I am coming to Brisbane and Melbourne for validating skilled visa on 5th May 2011.We both have booked stay and air tickets.All will go waste for him.
Thanks once again for the replies.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 4:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies.He genuinely wants to come there as a tourist.His ailing dad back in INDIA is dependant on him.What is the timegap to reapply after once rejected? Any idea?
I am coming to Brisbane and Melbourne for validating skilled visa on 5th May 2011.We both have booked stay and air tickets.All will go waste for him.
Thanks once again for the replies.
DIAC do advise never to buy tickets etc until the visa is approved. If/when he applies again it might be an idea to speak to a registered agent first about how to prove that his father is dependent on him, that would be a useful way of proving he only wants to visit. Does he also have a job, property etc in India?
Old Apr 5th 2011, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Probably the reason why OP friend got rejected was that they pose a high risk of overstaying, I think when applying for another future visa you have to declare that you have been refused a previous application.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 10:21 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
Probably the reason why OP friend got rejected was that they pose a high risk of overstaying, I think when applying for another future visa you have to declare that you have been refused a previous application.
Thats why I think a chat with an agent would be an idea. If he has a job, and a sick father to care for etc then it should be possible to put up a good case to show he isn't a nigh risk for an overstay. Having an agent on the case who kinows how to approach this could make the difference.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 10:36 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Dear all,
Thanks for the replies.He genuinely wants to come there as a tourist.His ailing dad back in INDIA is dependant on him.
Does he have immediate family in India or does he not? If he does then why does DIAC believe he doesn't?

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 6th 2011 at 5:13 am. Reason: moving to new thread