Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Former Current Processing Times (continued)

Former Current Processing Times (continued)

Old Oct 24th 2008, 8:07 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Current Processing Times (continued)

Originally Posted by maroonedNZ
How dare you accuse me of signing off because I am in Australia. I have been in NZ and Australia on and off for coming up on 6 years and have made a point of logging on EVERY NIGHT to join in and offer help where I can ever since I had my final visa granted. I love BE. I've signed off because moderators like you have deeply offended me with such unkind comments, and will continue to share information and advice on the numerous other immigration forums which don't treat their members with such disrespect.

Now I wish I hadn't even logged in to pick up my PMs - which fortunately are all from other members with only nice things to say.
OK your decision, but you have seem to have totally misunderstood what has been said to you and taken offence where none was given and no one has been unkind, no one has disrespected you.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 8:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maroonedNZ
How dare you accuse me of signing off because I am in Australia. I have been in NZ and Australia on and off for coming up on 6 years and have made a point of logging on EVERY NIGHT to join in and offer help where I can ever since I had my final visa granted. I love BE. I've signed off because moderators like you have deeply offended me with such unkind comments, and will continue to share information and advice on the numerous other immigration forums which don't treat their members with such disrespect.

Now I wish I hadn't even logged in to pick up my PMs - which fortunately are all from other members with only nice things to say.
What did anyone say that was unkind to you? You opened a thread protesting because a Moderator had closed another thread. The original thread was closed for the reasons given in Dorothy's post at the time. The second thread was closed as per the rules - if you wish to debate the actions of a moderator please do so away from the forum, and I sent you a pm explaining this.

You are now accusing Moderators of offending you and running the forum as if it were a dictatorship. Far from that, we do our best to run the forum for the benefit of all its members, and the original (now closed) thread was not benefitting anyone.

As Sue has said, if you wish to leave, that is your prerogative but please do not allege that we are squashing freedom of speech when all we are doing is upholding the rules of the forum.

Now if you wish to continue this debate will you please do so off the forum, with Admin (Sue) so that this thread can get back on topic.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 8:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mytho
Thanks, Pollyana, for the suggestion. I will tell my niece and it is up to her to do it.
Definitely worth asking - I think she will need to provide the reason for travel, and the length of time she intends to be away.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Ahmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really nice

Originally Posted by dasalcedo
ASPC PROCESSING INFORMATION - For the week of 21 October 2008

Applications lodged on or before the dates shown below have been allocated
to case officers for further processing.

Skilled Migration Applications lodged before 1 September 2007

Onshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

Student/Graduate applications - Class DD and DE visas
Subclass 880: 31 August 2007 (paper), 31 August 2007 (e-lodged)
Subclass 881: 31 August 2007 (paper), 31 August 2007 (e-lodged)
Subclass 882: 31 August 2007 (paper), 31 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Offshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

Skilled Migration visas - All paper based applications for Class BN, BQ,
BR, UX and UZ visas
Subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 495 and 496: 19 July 2007

General Skilled Migration (GSM) visas processed by ASPC

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VE
Subclass: 175
E-lodged: 07 December 2007
Paper lodged: 15 October 2007

Subclass: 176
E-lodged: 11 December 2007
Paper lodged: 20 November 2007

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VF
Subclasses: 475, and 476
E-lodged: 30 November 2007
Paper lodged: 27 September 2007

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VB
Subclasses: 885, 886, and 887
E-lodged: Now processed by the Brisbane Skilled Processing Centre.
All cases processed in Adelaide have been allocated.
Paper lodged: 02 May 2008

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VC subclass 487 only
E-lodged: Now processed by the Brisbane Skilled Processing Centre.
All cases processed in Adelaide have been allocated.
Paper lodged: 02 May 2008

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VC subclass 485 only
E-lodged: 1 February 2008 (applications lodged before 1 July 2008
only)
Paper lodged: 01 February 2008
Called DIAC today, and they confirmed the dates mentioned in the quoted message. However, the Interesting thing is that the lady continued talking without me asking and said " your allocation will be after 6 months ".

I applied in August 2008 from High risk country, so 2 months from August till today + the 6 months she mentioned = 8 months to get a CO (from High risk country)

She expects to process all applications between Nov 30 2007 and August 25 2008 in only 6 months.

It is not bad at all, I thought it is going to be worse.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

rogermac is an unknown quantity at this point

found out today we have a CO from our agent although i cheked our status online and my wifes medical is still not showing as finalised when the kids and mine are we are now hoping we don't fail on medical grounds hopfully they will put us out of our misery in the next couple of weeks now that we have a CO so hope it will be good news
Old Oct 24th 2008, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Out of curiosity, I have tried to run a few averages on the visa grants reported in BE Update during the last 18 months. Here is a snapshot -

AVERAGE NUMBER OF MONTHS TAKEN FROM APPLICATION TO VISA GRANT:

Subclass - 175

All - 7.0 months
MODL - 7.1 months
MODLOnline - 6.8 months
MODL Paper - 9.8 months
Online - 6.7 months
Paper - 9.1 months
Visa Grant Before June 08 - 5.3 months
Visa Grant After June 08 - 7.4 months

Subclass - 176

All - 7.7 months
MODL - 7.5 months
MODL Online - 7.3 months
MODL Paper - 10.4 months
Online - 7.7 months
Paper - 8.7 months
Visa Grant Before June 08 - 7.2 months
Visa Grant After June 08 - 7.8 months

Subclass - 136

All - 8.5 months
MODL - 8.4 months
MODL Online - 8.3 months
MODL Paper - 11.9 months
Online - 8.0 months
Paper - 11.9 months
Visa Grant Before June 08 - 7.7 months
Visa Grant After June 08 - 11.9 months
Old Oct 25th 2008, 6:44 am
Good luck to all

Wez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the rough

Wow Caliburn you have been busy!!! Thanks for the update its helpful to see how its averaging out
Old Oct 25th 2008, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

And interesting to see that I am WAY above the average !!!! In this case, that is NOT a good thing !!! LOL!

Nix
Old Oct 25th 2008, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

It will also be interesting to see the maximum and minimum time DIAC took for visa grant in major subclasses. Following information is based on 530 visa grants by DIAC during the 18 months preceding 24/10/08 as reported on BE Update:

LONGEST AND QUICKEST VISA GRANTS!!

Subclass 175

Longest – 13.2 months, MODL paper, appl 10/9/07, grant 10/10/08, fitter
Quickest – 1.2 months, MODL online, appl 1/9/07, grant 7/10/07, quantity surveyor

Subclass 176

Longest – 13.1 months, online, appl 5/6/07, grant 3/7/08, interior designer
Quickest – 2.4 months, online, appl 3/9/07, grant 14/11/07, IT manager

Subclass 136

Longest – 16.4 months, MODL paper, appl 24/4/07, grant 28/8/08, network security
Quickest – 2.9 months, MODL online, appl 4/6/07, grant 30/8/07, mental health nurse

As you can see, there is hope! The longest is after all not that long. You can reasonably expect to get a visa in around 13 months, even if you are from a high risk country (assuming that there are also people from high risk countries in the 530 visas I have counted on BE Update). Its also pleasing to see that DIAC is more or less delivering within its service standards (you can refer to my earlier post on average processing time for more evidence).
Old Oct 26th 2008, 1:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

I already beat the longest for a 176 (I applied on the old 138 which = 176)....I am already at 14 months and 2 days and still waiting !!!!

LOL!
Old Oct 26th 2008, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike
I already beat the longest for a 176 (I applied on the old 138 which = 176)....I am already at 14 months and 2 days and still waiting !!!!

LOL!
Nix and Mike, these data are based on visas already granted during the last 18 months for categories 175, 176 and 136. I have not yet calculated the timeline for your subclass 138. However, numbers indicate that DIAC is taking increasingly longer time to process visas nowadays.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

jaketheory is an unknown quantity at this point

now if you could only give us the median processing times as well as the standard deviations. i mean, you must have it all on a spreadsheet already, right?

just kidding. . . but if you have it. . . i'd be interested.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

jaketheory is an unknown quantity at this point

and what would the averages be over low-risk countries only?

seriously, if you have the data compiled already and send it to me, i'll do the analysis.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 2:30 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

Originally Posted by jaketheory
and what would the averages be over low-risk countries only?

seriously, if you have the data compiled already and send it to me, i'll do the analysis.
It's difficult to carry out an in-depth analysis with the information given in my opinion. The problem is that not everyone mentions whether it is high or low risk. Also, I think it would be good to draw a distinction between paper based and online applications but again the information is not always provided so without absolute information, the calculations you want to carry out will give a skewed result.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

sarahhartopp will become famous soon enoughsarahhartopp will become famous soon enough

Hi In feb of next year i will be lodging my skilled indepandent visa (175) i am aware it will take around 9 months to get visa through is this correct do you know the waiting time at present?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.