Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Former Current Processing Times (continued)

Former Current Processing Times (continued)

Old Feb 13th 2009, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really nice
Default Re: Current Processing Times (continued)

Originally Posted by CHB
this news has been updated since 10th Feb 2009
Sure it has - took my foot off the gas when I got the grant last month - haven't seen much chat on the forums about it?
Old Feb 13th 2009, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

Cliff1180 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CHB
this news has been updated since 10th Feb 2009
Hi,

Based on 20 March to complete pre Sept 07 (25 working days), would it be fair to assume that upto december 08 would be allocated by end of April.

Decision to be made is whether to opt for state sponsorship, (our agent estimates mid April when they will have the approval from WA.) or play the waiting game.

Does anyone know where we can get information on the benefits differences between the two, (eg medical cover, etc).

Also, once a CO is allocated is there any timelines as to how long it then takes to process the visa. Having young children, we really want to be settled in WA by September so as not to start them through another year of school here, much easier to let them finish at the July break.

Regards

Cliff & Linda
Old Feb 13th 2009, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

oengin17 has a brilliant futureoengin17 has a brilliant futureoengin17 has a brilliant futureoengin17 has a brilliant futureoengin17 has a brilliant futureoengin17 has a brilliant futureoengin17 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Twinset
New Dates!!!

Update from my Immigration agency this morning:

Further to our previous email regarding the new processing prioritiesat the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC), we would like to inform you that this information has now been updated. DIAC is now allocating case officers to the following applications: Applications with state or territory nomination. These are being allocated to case officers within ten working days once DIAC has received official confirmation of sponsorship directly from the state or territory involved Applications with occupations on the Critical Skills List (CSL). DIAC is allocating all eligible applications that were lodged prior to 1st September 2007. They are allocating these applications in order of lodgement date and hope to have all of them allocated by 20th March2009

No other skilled applications are being allocated at present.
there is no problem with radiological reports and films. it's only blood for HIV, which was ignored by the panel doctor.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

jaketheory is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cliff1180
Hi,

Does anyone know where we can get information on the benefits differences between the two, (eg medical cover, etc).
state sponsored is still a permanent resident visa. you are entitled to all the rights and privileges of an independent migrant save that you must live in the sponsoring state the first 2 years you are in Australia. After this 2 year period, you are free to move any where in Australia. Medicare eligibility, etc. would be the exact same.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Based on 20 March to complete pre Sept 07 (25 working days), would it be fair to assume that upto december 08 would be allocated by end of April.

Decision to be made is whether to opt for state sponsorship, (our agent estimates mid April when they will have the approval from WA.) or play the waiting game.

Also, once a CO is allocated is there any timelines as to how long it then takes to process the visa. Having young children, we really want to be settled in WA by September so as not to start them through another year of school here, much easier to let them finish at the July break.

Regards

Cliff & Linda
May be you should go for state sponsorship for now, and as you wait for WA sponsorship you will learn more about the CSL timeline. For now it's very hard to predict the actual timeline, However it would be more clear in March and April, and we are not sure if this state sponsorship thing will affect the CSL timeline, and how much would this effect have an impact on CSL timeline.
Eitherways, you won't wait more than extra 3 to 4 months. does the state sponsorship restriction worth it? you should ask yourself this question.

Last edited by mavios; Feb 13th 2009 at 4:20 pm.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 4:36 pm
The Cairnsy's

The Cairnsys is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I am not quite understanding the emails that I get back just now
How long is the processing time for 175 visa, we sent ours September 2008?

Hope you can set me straight
Thanks
Old Feb 13th 2009, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Safaet will become famous soon enoughSafaet will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by The Cairnsys
Hi
I am not quite understanding the emails that I get back just now
How long is the processing time for 175 visa, we sent ours September 2008?

Hope you can set me straight
Thanks
If your nominated occupation falls under CSL then there's a possibility that you will get it by 2009 otherwise God knows!!
Old Feb 13th 2009, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mavios
May be you should go for state sponsorship for now, and as you wait for WA sponsorship you will learn more about the CSL timeline. For now it's very hard to predict the actual timeline, However it would be more clear in March and April, and we are not sure if this state sponsorship thing will affect the CSL timeline, and how much would this effect have an impact on CSL timeline.
Eitherways, you won't wait more than extra 3 to 4 months. does the state sponsorship restriction worth it? you should ask yourself this question.
Thank you all for the replies, as we were set on living in WA Perth area permanently, it looks like going for state sponsorship is our quickest approach.

Mavios you say; "is the restriction worth it", by that do you mean being restricted to living in WA, if so that is not an issue for us. If you meant other restrictions please elaborate as posts suggest there are no other restrictions.

Regards

Cliff & Linda
Old Feb 13th 2009, 8:01 pm
Australia here we come

Location: Sheffield, UK in body but not in mind! Perth on the horizon
chopperlamb is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all for the replies, as we were set on living in WA Perth area permanently, it looks like going for state sponsorship is our quickest approach.

Mavios you say; "is the restriction worth it", by that do you mean being restricted to living in WA, if so that is not an issue for us. If you meant other restrictions please elaborate as posts suggest there are no other restrictions.

Regards

Cliff & Linda
Yes I think you are right, we have thought about doing the same thing. We are going for the 175 as it seemed the best and safest visa option but the 176 gives the same things apart from you have to stay in the sponsored area. We are also thinking of WA Perth area so considering changing as well. but at least with the 175 you are free to do what you want if your situation changes or things look better in another area!!!

Suppose it depends if you are determined to live in one area no matter what.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by chopperlamb
Yes I think you are right, we have thought about doing the same thing. We are going for the 175 as it seemed the best and safest visa option but the 176 gives the same things apart from you have to stay in the sponsored area. We are also thinking of WA Perth area so considering changing as well. but at least with the 175 you are free to do what you want if your situation changes or things look better in another area!!!

Suppose it depends if you are determined to live in one area no matter what.
We decided on WA because of the lifestyle and weather, the job is secondary. The only thing I would advise is that if you are thinking of switching then use an agent. That way the sponsorship goes to the agent and not direct to DIAC giving you the option to switch either way.

As far as I am aware if you apply directly for sponsorship then DIAC is automatically updated removing your choice.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 11:13 pm
CHB
BE Enthusiast

CHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really nice

Hi,

Regards

Cliff & Linda
we really have to wait to see if DIAC move onto post Sept 07 application or not after 20th March 2009. if it does, i think it should be not a problem for CSL peoples to stay where they are (ie not changing their visa from 175 to 176 etc). but if they process the next application class (MODL) i think its good news for applicants on MODL but not CSL.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 11:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by CHB
we really have to wait to see if DIAC move onto post Sept 07 application or not after 20th March 2009. if it does, i think it should be not a problem for CSL peoples to stay where they are (ie not changing their visa from 175 to 176 etc). but if they process the next application class (MODL) i think its good news for applicants on MODL but not CSL.
Cant see them processing MODL until CSL is complete. Remember this change is due to economic issues so they only want most critical skilled people until they see how the economy is going. SSV ensures they get the right people and tie them down for two years. I would guess that they hope the SSV's increase in number as they then keep the skills in the areas where they need them.

I would recommend anyone with an agent to apply for SSV as you will have the option to switch if granted, in three months it will be much clearer, but the downside is that if the economy dips they may cap the number of visas.
Old Feb 14th 2009, 1:14 am
CHB
BE Enthusiast

CHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really nice

Cant see them processing MODL until CSL is complete. Remember this change is due to economic issues so they only want most critical skilled people until they see how the economy is going. SSV ensures they get the right people and tie them down for two years. I would guess that they hope the SSV's increase in number as they then keep the skills in the areas where they need them.

I would recommend anyone with an agent to apply for SSV as you will have the option to switch if granted, in three months it will be much clearer, but the downside is that if the economy dips they may cap the number of visas.
if this is the case, i think DIAC will continue on post Sept 07 CSL applicant after 20th March 2009. lets wait and see..
Old Feb 14th 2009, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute

Regards

Cliff & Linda
Hi Cliff,

By restriction I did mean being restricted to living in WA. What if you are unable to find a suitable job in WA? you don't expect to get a suitable job just as you land there, or after you went there for some reason you decided that other states are better for you, by then and if you are on state sponsorship you have less options than the 175 and it might only ment to wait a extra 3 to 4 months if not less. That's my point, you should go for state sponsorship though and by the time you get a nomination things will get clearer.
Old Feb 14th 2009, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

I reckon the S/T Sponsored visa (SSV) occupation list is going to be reduced in the near future.

It's probably going be reduced to essentials like Nurses and Building trades etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.