Form 80 question

Old Feb 22nd 2006, 9:59 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute
Question Form 80 question

Question 14 asks for your mothers family name. Is this her married name or maiden name?
Thank you in advance for any help!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:02 am
Account Closed

mashy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Form 80 question

Originally Posted by Claire&Richard
Question 14 asks for your mothers family name. Is this her married name or maiden name?

Her maiden name
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:04 am
C&R

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mashy
Her maiden name
Thanks so much!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:13 am
Home at last

michellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to all

Just to contradict other poster "family name" is the Australian Politically Correct way of saying "surname" (some cultures have the "first name" as a family name). Same way they ask your "given name" instead of your "first name" or "Christian name" because for some cultures your first name is actually your family/inherited name and your last name is the name you are "given" rather than born with and of course lots of people aren't Christians!. So i would take it to mean the name she goes by NOW (if that's her married name, then its her married name).

Michelle
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:21 am
C&R

Originally Posted by michellemac
Just to contradict other poster "family name" is the Australian Politically Correct way of saying "surname" (some cultures have the "first name" as a family name). Same way they ask your "given name" instead of your "first name" or "Christian name" because for some cultures your first name is actually your family/inherited name and your last name is the name you are "given" rather than born with and of course lots of people aren't Christians!. So i would take it to mean the name she goes by NOW (if that's her married name, then its her married name).

Michelle
Oh....ok, I shall redo the forms again!!! thanks alot!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 11:51 am
C&R

Just an after thought....

What did anyone else write down? Maiden or married name? All those who have applied for visas have had to fill out this form, so I am just interested in how you interpreted the question.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 11:59 am
yeah but no but

glennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of light

What did anyone else write down? Maiden or married name? All those who have applied for visas have had to fill out this form, so I am just interested in how you interpreted the question.
I wrote my mums married name
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

depaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud of

Hi Claire,

We completed the forms with family name as the current (married) surname and in the space for other names used before we noted her maiden name.

Hope this helps. - These forms can drive you mad - the more you look at them the more u start wondering if you are doing certain things correctly.

Good luck,
Paula
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 12:30 pm
C&R

Originally Posted by depaiva
Hi Claire,

We completed the forms with family name as the current (married) surname and in the space for other names used before we noted her maiden name.

Hope this helps. - These forms can drive you mad - the more you look at them the more u start wondering if you are doing certain things correctly.

Good luck,
Paula
Cheers thanks alot everyone for your imput.
Best of luck to you all : )
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 1:21 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

woops i put mums maiden name, but my agent double checked everything so may well have changed it for me!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

armorris007 is just really nicearmorris007 is just really nicearmorris007 is just really nicearmorris007 is just really nicearmorris007 is just really nicearmorris007 is just really nicearmorris007 is just really nicearmorris007 is just really nice

Originally Posted by michellemac

Michelle
Michelle is correct - you should enter your mother's current surname.
Incidentally - I added a qualification to the surname field specifying her maiden name as "(nee MAIDENNAME)" (just to be on the safe side).

I had no problems with this approach and was issued my PR visa.

Andy
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 1:43 pm
C&R

Well, it kind of makes sense to me use the maiden name. The form 80 to me, looks as though it is used for security/personal checks, and using the maiden name validates any checks that may be made by Dimia, with regards to family history etc. I could be taking this totally the wrong way, but I think [unless otherwise outvoted by say an agent?] I'm keeping the form as I originally completed it, with the maiden name used. The 47sk has the married name on there, and also other info I have provided states this too.
I was just interested in reading how anyone else read the question. Thanks again for your input folks.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

armorris007 is just really nicearmorris007 is just really nicearmorris007 is just really nicearmorris007 is just really nicearmorris007 is just really nicearmorris007 is just really nicearmorris007 is just really nicearmorris007 is just really nice

Well, it kind of makes sense to me use the maiden name. The form 80 to me, looks as though it is used for security/personal checks, and using the maiden name validates any checks that may be made by Dimia, with regards to family history etc. I could be taking this totally the wrong way, but I think [unless otherwise outvoted by say an agent?] I'm keeping the form as I originally completed it, with the maiden name used. The 47sk has the married name on there, and also other info I have provided states this too.
I was just interested in reading how anyone else read the question. Thanks again for your input folks.
Well ... it's your application ....

Good luck.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 3:19 pm
Home at last

michellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to all

I know - it is confusing isn't it? My husband asked me the same thing (he's just done his form 80 for a spouse visa) but if you look at every other form you've done they always ask you for your "family name" when they need your surname. I bet if you go through your forms you'll see how you've filled them out with your own surname where it asks for your "family name" and you probably didn'teven think twice about it on those forms.

And just to give you extra confidence - presumably (and assuming your parents are still married) your dad, you and any siblings are your mum's family - so of course her married name is her family name!

Michelle