Form 80 Help!!

Old Oct 28th 2009, 5:13 pm
Account Closed

coogeeb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Form 80 Help!!

Hi Folks

I am looking for some advice on Form 80 - I have nothing to hide but am struggling with the section on all jobs from leaving school..!

I am 39 so they are asking for job history from over 20 years ago - the thing is I had multiple jobs from leaving school until 1999 so thats a 10 year period - in all honesty I cant remember half of them as they were fairly casual and doubt most of them still operate - but as I am looking to be completely honest on the form, does anyone have any suggestions or advice on the following:-

1. UK Tax - would the tax office hold records from 20 years ago (debatable) and do they release these? I am going to give them a call anyway

2. UK DWP - I remember a few short spells of unemployment but not the dates- so again is there a way of getting this info in the UK

Ok..thats the job part...moving on to all countries visited..!

1. Is there such a thing as a UK movement record one can obtain as my passport is from 2005 and i dont have the old one...also being in Europe means I have taken multiple breaks/holidays but no passport stamps - can remember most of them but would hate to miss anything here!

I imagine that most people here have filled this form in and would be grateful if you could share your experience/advice/suggestions

Cheers
Old Oct 28th 2009, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Rhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Form 80 Help!!

Originally Posted by coogeeb
Hi Folks

I am looking for some advice on Form 80 - I have nothing to hide but am struggling with the section on all jobs from leaving school..!

I am 39 so they are asking for job history from over 20 years ago - the thing is I had multiple jobs from leaving school until 1999 so thats a 10 year period - in all honesty I cant remember half of them as they were fairly casual and doubt most of them still operate - but as I am looking to be completely honest on the form, does anyone have any suggestions or advice on the following:-

1. UK Tax - would the tax office hold records from 20 years ago (debatable) and do they release these? I am going to give them a call anyway

2. UK DWP - I remember a few short spells of unemployment but not the dates- so again is there a way of getting this info in the UK

Ok..thats the job part...moving on to all countries visited..!

1. Is there such a thing as a UK movement record one can obtain as my passport is from 2005 and i dont have the old one...also being in Europe means I have taken multiple breaks/holidays but no passport stamps - can remember most of them but would hate to miss anything here!

I imagine that most people here have filled this form in and would be grateful if you could share your experience/advice/suggestions

Cheers
Hi coogeeb,

can't help much on the jobs question I'm afraid as my job history was relatively uncomplicated and I had sufficient information without recourse to outside agencies.

Regarding the countries visited, I also found this incredibly difficult but I did the following:

1) Business trips - checked my expense claims for dates as the majority of overseas trips for business have been ones where I have paid for accommodation and claimed back retrospectively from my employer(s)
2) Leisure trips -
a) if you have the information, check old credit & debit card statements for clues of overseas spending that might jog your memory. I am a serial hoarder and this information was in the loft! I couldn't necessarily get the exact dates from this, but I stated 'Exact dates unknown' and gave the month.
b) Look back through old digital photos for date stamps recorded against each photo. I found this greatly helped to sort my memory!

As a general comment, I can only say be as honest and candid as you can and if you don't know, say so and make it very clear that you are estimating.

In my case, this was sufficient.

cheers & good luck

Rhubarb65

p.s. I haven't heard of a movement record from the UK border agency and don't imagine they would hold a record of the countries you have visited, only the fact that you left the UK and re-entered on particular dates but might be worth a try if the dates can jog your memory