Form 40 for the sponsor

Old Dec 20th 2005, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

neepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to all
Default Form 40 for the sponsor

I am just sending off my Form 40 to our sponsor to complete, hopefully she will send it back by February, we are then sending off the whole application in April. What I was wondering was are they going to look at the dates on the form and wonder why it was completed a few months before the application was posted? (I am just trying to be really organised in case of mis-filled forms or any other slip ups!)

Also on Form 40 it asks whether the family you are sponsoring are going to live with you when they arrive in Aus - I have written that we already have accomodation organised with friends if we get our visa - is this okay?

I am just paranoid about putting the wrong answer anywhere!! Any tips and advice on the completion of this form correctly would be much appreciated!!

thanks everyone and merry christmas! xx
Old Dec 20th 2005, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Form 40 for the sponsor

Also on Form 40 it asks whether the family you are sponsoring are going to live with you when they arrive in Aus - I have written that we already have accomodation organised with friends if we get our visa - is this okay?

[/QUOTE]
I hope it doesn't matter where you live, I'm using a relative in Townsville QLD to sponsor me, but I'll be living in Perth WA. I asked if this was OK and was told it was fine for now but there might be changes next year. I wouldn't worry too much on dates on the forms as the whole process takes a while to complete anyway.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

it_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to all

Originally Posted by neepneeps
I am just sending off my Form 40 to our sponsor to complete, hopefully she will send it back by February, we are then sending off the whole application in April. What I was wondering was are they going to look at the dates on the form and wonder why it was completed a few months before the application was posted? (I am just trying to be really organised in case of mis-filled forms or any other slip ups!)

I am just paranoid about putting the wrong answer anywhere!! Any tips and advice on the completion of this form correctly would be much appreciated!!

My form 40 from my sponser was completed almost a year before we sent in the app. It doesn't seem to have had an affect yet!!
Old Dec 20th 2005, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

The dates on the forms are not relevant. As for where you will live, you should not worry about that. On my form I put down that we would be renting an apartment initially and then buying our own house. I could not imagine living with my brother who sponsored us as at the time he had a 2 bedroom house and 3 kids!

Cheers,
Brian

Originally Posted by neepneeps

Old Dec 20th 2005, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

neepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to all

thanks everyone for all your advice! feel much more relaxed about sending the forms off now!
Old Dec 20th 2005, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

sprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nice

Originally Posted by it_hooker
My form 40 from my sponser was completed almost a year before we sent in the app. It doesn't seem to have had an affect yet!!
Don't suppose you know if Form 40 had been revised by the time you submitted?

We sent off our Form 40 for our sponsor to complete, but by the time we received it back DIMIA had updated the Form itself. We submitted with the old form (as completed by our sponsor), but there's a nagging doubt that they'll turn round in 4 months time and say "hah - its the old form".

SG
Old Dec 20th 2005, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

it_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sprite_green
Don't suppose you know if Form 40 had been revised by the time you submitted?

We sent off our Form 40 for our sponsor to complete, but by the time we received it back DIMIA had updated the Form itself. We submitted with the old form (as completed by our sponsor), but there's a nagging doubt that they'll turn round in 4 months time and say "hah - its the old form".

SG
It had changed. But I just sent it and kept my fingers crossed!
Old Dec 20th 2005, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

sprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nice

It had changed. But I just sent it and kept my fingers crossed!
Hah! Sounds like a plan.

Thanks.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sprite_green
Hah! Sounds like a plan.

Thanks.
Didn't have any choice - it was my 45th Birthday a week later - to have got my sponser to complete another form would have been impossible!
Old Dec 21st 2005, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

I ran into the same issue with the form changing while I was preparing the application. I did get a new form filled out by my sponsor but in the end I'm sure that was probably just a waste of time. Unless the form dramatically changed then there was probably not a lot of difference. I know that in my case there were only a few minor changes, mostly in the format of the form rather than in the real content. With DIMIA changing the forms a couple times a year it can be an issue. I went through 2 version of form 40 as well as 2 versions of the 47SK form. I don't know this for a fact, but I imagine that your CO would simply request any additional information that might have been missing on the version of the form you submitted rather than simply rejecting your application outright due to the discrepancy in the forms.

Cheers,
Brian

Didn't have any choice - it was my 45th Birthday a week later - to have got my sponser to complete another form would have been impossible!