Form 1022 and New Passport

Old Jan 27th 2005, 8:22 am
Gone for Good

binky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud of
Default Form 1022 and New Passport

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can answer this question. I have been granted my visa and now my passport has expired. I know that once I have a new passport I will then have to travel with both passports when going to Australia to validate.

However, do I have to complete and send another form 1022 to Dimia to advise of my new passport details even though my visa has been granted?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Jan 27th 2005, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Form 1022 and New Passport

If you already have the stamp in your old passport, then no I don't believe you do have to tell them. As long as you travel with both. If you read the guidelines on the form 1022 I think this is what it means. However, if you have had a visa granted for the old passport and not yet had it stamped, no idea.

I hope this is right.

Cheers Jo
Old Jan 27th 2005, 2:19 pm
Gone for Good

binky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by joho
If you already have the stamp in your old passport, then no I don't believe you do have to tell them. As long as you travel with both. If you read the guidelines on the form 1022 I think this is what it means. However, if you have had a visa granted for the old passport and not yet had it stamped, no idea.

I hope this is right.

Cheers Jo
Thanks Jo. I think you are right. The form states you don't have to tell them of the changes if they are after you were granted your visa (if you applied for you visa in Australia) or after you have been immigration cleared (if you applied for your visa outside Australia). Neither of these seems to apply to me as I have validated yet. However, my agent says I don't need to send it but I think they might be wrong.

Since the form also states that your visa can be cancelled if you fail to tell them of changes I think it's vital that I get this right. I suppose it won't do any harm to send the form anyway - there might problems if I don't.

Do you think I should email my CO directly?
Old Jan 30th 2005, 2:58 pm
Gone for Good

For anyone who ends up in a similar position, the reply from my CO (who I contacted directly) is that form 1022 is not required for a change in passport details. This is bearing in mind that my visa has already been granted. I assume you would have to submit the form with any passport changes prior to visa grant.