Flights are booked

Old Jul 29th 2005, 4:25 pm
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice
Talking Flights are booked

Well Mrs R and I have been busy bees and our flights are booked. Never been so glad to get rid of £1,700.00. Going on 18th August with Cathay Pacific (not what I really wanted, would have prefered Malaysia Airlines) and they've even managed to book our connecting flights from Sydney to Coffs Harbour. Due to there being no evening flights to Coffs we've got a night in Sydney which means I can stop over at my brothers and see him and his family.

Looks like I'm going to get my wish and be over there for my birthday.

We decided in the end it wouldn't be fair to Dad just to turn up. For one he wouldn't have anything ready - beds, food etc and secondly I didn't want to have to call the paramedics when he had a heart attack seeing us there.

The phone call last night to tell him was a classic anyway
Old Jul 29th 2005, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of
Default Re: Flights are booked

Originally Posted by TheRossers
Well Mrs R and I have been busy bees and our flights are booked. Never been so glad to get rid of £1,700.00. Going on 18th August with Cathay Pacific (not what I really wanted, would have prefered Malaysia Airlines) and they've even managed to book our connecting flights from Sydney to Coffs Harbour. Due to there being no evening flights to Coffs we've got a night in Sydney which means I can stop over at my brothers and see him and his family.

We decided in the end it wouldn't be fair to Dad just to turn up. For one he wouldn't have anything ready - beds, food etc and secondly I didn't want to have to call the paramedics when he had a heart attack seeing us there.

You jammy gets. Sounds great, hope to be there soon as well.
Old Jul 29th 2005, 5:08 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Aaahh. I can just picture it It has been great watching your progress. Good luck to you and I'm very jealous!! No seriously, all the best.

Anne
Old Jul 29th 2005, 5:39 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG!!! T you jammy sod!!!!

talk about about from one extreme to the other - doesnt seem 5 mins since you were stressing about visa!!!

we have just put our house on the market - whats your position? have you already sold up or what??

J
Old Jul 29th 2005, 5:44 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Well done to you and the best of luck for the future

Trish, Rob & Family

Old Jul 29th 2005, 6:38 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG you dont hang about long!!
hope you enjoy your new life down under
Old Jul 29th 2005, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

STUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant future

Hope you have a good flight and a FAB new life in OZ. Good luck for the future
Donna xx
Old Jul 29th 2005, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

NikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura about

I am soooooo pleased for you honey.......you came through for me when I was all panicky about HC contacting my work.....really settled my nerves.

I feel such good things are out there for you.......I wish you all nothing but the best.

Nikki xxxx
Old Jul 29th 2005, 7:17 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

You dont hang around!!

Good on you!!
Old Jul 29th 2005, 10:02 pm
Here at last

TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rooksie
OMG!!! T you jammy sod!!!!

talk about about from one extreme to the other - doesnt seem 5 mins since you were stressing about visa!!!

we have just put our house on the market - whats your position? have you already sold up or what??

J
Thanks for all the good wishes guys, we decided to get a shift on 'cos if we put it off we would probably still be here at christmas!

Turns out we've done the right thing. Talking to my sister who lives in Melly, schools in NSW break up on 26th Sept. for two weeks. Which will be about right for little Miss R to have got over the jet lag and settled in ready to start on Oct 10th.

No Jacs we haven't sold up (we are leaving the keys with the estate agents and letting them get on with it - they are on a winner takes all agreement, also we feel people will be keener to by a vacant possesion, have to wait and see!). Funnyily enough I don't have a stressful part in my body any more which is more than can be said for Mrs R - I think her nicotine intake has gone up 400%

Fortunately I've been putting money away like a mad man and we have enough to tide us over for at leat 3 to 4 months before Mrs R or I have to start looking for work. Remember we are the lucky ones who have everything in place already (house etc, no mortgage or rent to find, just cover the bills for Dad who told us ages ago we are moving in with him, no arguments!).

I also just want to say what a fantastic bunch of people you guys on Expats are and as soon as we get settled TheRossers will be back on line and helping all the newbies where we can - listen to me it's as if I've gone already, still 3 weeks left before we fly, see if I can top 700 posts before we go

Last edited by TheRossers; Jul 29th 2005 at 10:07 pm.
Old Jul 29th 2005, 10:11 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulb
You jammy gets. Sounds great, hope to be there soon as well.
Have you actually got your visa yet Paul, as your timeline doesn't say?
Old Jul 29th 2005, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

jacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the good wishes guys, we decided to get a shift on 'cos if we put it off we would probably still be here at christmas!

Turns out we've done the right thing. Talking to my sister who lives in Melly, schools in NSW break up on 26th Sept. for two weeks. Which will be about right for little Miss R to have got over the jet lag and settled in ready to start on Oct 10th.

No Jacs we haven't sold up (we are leaving the keys with the estate agents and letting them get on with it - they are on a winner takes all agreement, also we feel people will be keener to by a vacant possesion, have to wait and see!). Funnyily enough I don't have a stressful part in my body any more which is more than can be said for Mrs R - I think her nicotine intake has gone up 400%

Fortunately I've been putting money away like a mad man and we have enough to tide us over for at leat 3 to 4 months before Mrs R or I have to start looking for work. Remember we are the lucky ones who have everything in place already (house etc, no mortgage or rent to find, just cover the bills for Dad who told us ages ago we are moving in with him, no arguments!).

I also just want to say what a fantastic bunch of people you guys on Expats are and as soon as we get settled TheRossers will be back on line and helping all the newbies where we can - listen to me it's as if I've gone already, still 3 weeks left before we fly, see if I can top 700 posts before we go
good look, and enjoy!!!

x steve
Old Jul 30th 2005, 6:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Have you actually got your visa yet Paul, as your timeline doesn't say?

No not yet, 13 weeks since application received.
Old Jul 30th 2005, 6:21 am
Here at last

Originally Posted by paulb
No not yet, 13 weeks since application received.
Soon Paul, very soon. Hopefully all the reorganising is done and they can now start processing all applications a lot quicker, keep the belief mate and you'll soon be there
Old Jul 30th 2005, 6:42 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahhhh - nice one mate - im all excited for you now!!!!!!!!

buy Mrs R a cigar from me!!

j x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.