First time user

Old Mar 27th 2002, 8:05 pm
Vikmeister

Default First time user

Hi, I have done my MS from the US in Electrical Engg. have a couple of years work
experience. am an Indian citizen. 24yrs single

I get 23 points for my profile, assuming the max. no since I will turn 25 during the
processing of my application.

I have a few questions and will be grateful if someone can let me know how I can go
about it .

- since I have 23 points, i do not qualify; is there some other rule that I can avail
of ? I spoke to an agent and he said I can apply for a work visa/permit and then
change to permanent residency. I am not sure if he was trying to pull a fast one or
there is some truth in this ? If I do go about this method do I apply for a
permanent residency and then automatically obtain a work visa in this process or
exclusively apply for a work visa ??

- I was in the US for a few yrs and am now in India. I understand that I need FBI
clearance from the US for which I need fingerprints. Has anyone done this in India
and is there a special form etc ?

- what is the timeline for the entire process from the time of appln submittal to
obtainment of residency ?

thx for ur time-
vik.