first communacation

Old Nov 18th 2008, 10:32 am
Just Joined

british bulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile first communacation

hi all
im chris and am lookin to take my family to australia asap, i have jst cme back after a 2week job search in sydney/brisbane area, i past on my resumee to many company,s and now sit and pray... if anyone is or know anyone in the lift industry and needs a fully qulified fitter i,m waiting to hear from you.

like sme before me i have paid a company to help with the process but that is going nowhere so i wish to do it myself... so i belive i need to find a sponser first for work and the complete all the paperwork nessacary. help....

i am going to contact australia house in london also... the copmany i have say i qulifiy for a 457visa and have had al my perssonal details..still awaiting agent to be given 7 months have passed and £600... no further. i have join loads of job search site here and in oz and daily search really surprised how few jobs in my trade are out their..
so in a long nutshell any help greatly accepted
Old Nov 18th 2008, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: first communacation

Why if you are elegable for a 457 are you not elegable for a independant skilled visa? Do you not have enough work experiance?
Just wandering incase they have missed a way in for you, as to get the 457 visa you still have to have one ofthe skilled occupations.

Good luck
Old Nov 18th 2008, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

british bulldog is an unknown quantity at this point

hi pumpkin
well this is the help bit we have just read the australin buerau site to understand this as the agents dont seem to tell us anything, i have 9 years experience and thought this was enough thay say it,s to do with the fact that it is work trained not college graduate?????
i get the understanding that i will need to have goverment approved regional job for the 457 and a area must need my skill. of which many areas do, so where do you look for jobs linked to this.
thinink australia took my money and forms and told me visa type and thats it, so now im trying to understand the rest..

help chris
Old Nov 18th 2008, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

jo_marnes will become famous soon enoughjo_marnes will become famous soon enough

You will need some form of qualification, which will have to be assessed by the relevant authority (see the SOL). If you don't have that then 457/ 475/ skilled migration is out of the window.

My husband (qualified) has already been told by countless potential employers that he won't get a look in at a job until he either has a visa or is actually in Australia. Why would they sponsor you and wait for you to get there when the position can be filled by the bloke on their doorstep?? Trying to get a visa without a qualification is hard (near impossible). My husband only had a diploma - not a degree etc. Can you not do one first before you apply? It's only a couple of years and it might be your only way xx