Filling In The PDF Application Forms On PC

Old Apr 10th 2005, 6:43 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Red face Filling In The PDF Application Forms On PC

Can anyone help with this?

I did add a bit to someone else's thread but got no replies today so far. Does anyone know if it would be OK to fill the application forms in using Adobe Acrobat. This way it keeps it all neat and if you make a mistake (I am sure we all do) you can easily ammend it etc. It also makes it easier form them to read as some peoples handwriting must cause confusion now and again.

I do not see a problem doing it this way but just want someone to say if they have done it or doing it this way. I do not want to have a problem after the application has been sent as the whole process takes long enough as it is.

Any advice or experiences of this would be grateful.

TIA,

R.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Jamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Filling In The PDF Application Forms On PC

Hi,

I filled in all the PDF's on the computer and the application's gone in with no queries or comments from my agent. The only problem I had was with some of the dates (you put in 01-04-1980 and it converts to 1st April 1980, but in one of the columns it didn't convert it so I had to type manually -no problem) and also I think the check list at the end, i had to use a pen for some boxes as there was no facility to just click on with the mouse (some bits you can).

I was well impressed with the way it looks though, better than my scrawl!

best of luck

Jamie
p.s. just noticed I have 100 posts. W'hoo!

Last edited by Jamiem; Apr 10th 2005 at 7:33 pm. Reason: I noticed it was my centenary and got excited!
Old Apr 10th 2005, 7:50 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filling In The PDF Application Forms On PC

Originally Posted by Carruss

I did add a bit to someone else's thread but got no replies today so far. Does anyone know if it would be OK to fill the application forms in using Adobe Acrobat. This way it keeps it all neat and if you make a mistake (I am sure we all do) you can easily ammend it etc. It also makes it easier form them to read as some peoples handwriting must cause confusion now and again.

I do not see a problem doing it this way but just want someone to say if they have done it or doing it this way. I do not want to have a problem after the application has been sent as the whole process takes long enough as it is.

TIA,

R.
As the previous poster said - i did exactly the same - no worries !!
Old Apr 10th 2005, 8:12 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Filling In The PDF Application Forms On PC

Originally Posted by wargod
As the previous poster said - i did exactly the same - no worries !!
Thanks very much to the pair of you.

I just wanted some reassurance.

R.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 8:33 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

TIA,

R.
Hi Russ,

Actually as far as I know the fillable PDF forms are still only available from agents, in the next 12 months it will probably all be web-based as they move to electronic lodgment however I doubt you want to wait that long.

But if you have the capacity to complete the form using Adobe Acrobat, go for it.

We have some clients who've never used Adobe and getting them to download the Reader and then explaining the difference between 6.0 and 7.0 has been quite challenging.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Apr 10th 2005, 8:57 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Wink Re: Filling In The PDF Application Forms On PC

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Russ,

Actually as far as I know the fillable PDF forms are still only available from agents, in the next 12 months it will probably all be web-based as they move to electronic lodgment however I doubt you want to wait that long.

But if you have the capacity to complete the form using Adobe Acrobat, go for it.

We have some clients who've never used Adobe and getting them to download the Reader and then explaining the difference between 6.0 and 7.0 has been quite challenging.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi George,

I do actually have the software that will let me edit PDF forms which is fine so we will do it this way.

I know what you mean about Adobe software though. Some people download the Reader and wonder why they cant do anything else with it.......apart from reading PDF forms that is!

Also, you know you have started something now about applying used a web-based application, even if it is a year or so off. Hopefully that should speed up the application process too.

Thanks again,

R.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 9:05 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi George,

I do actually have the software that will let me edit PDF forms which is fine so we will do it this way.

I know what you mean about Adobe software though. Some people download the Reader and wonder why they cant do anything else with it.......apart from reading PDF forms that is!

Also, you know you have started something now about applying used a web-based application, even if it is a year or so off. Hopefully that should speed up the application process too.

Thanks again,

R.

Hi Russ,

I thought the publicly available forms were "locked" for editing - DIMIA seems to think you might remove inconvenient questions about your criminal history or something - so tell me the secret, you can PM me if you like.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Old Apr 10th 2005, 9:16 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Hi Russ,

I thought the publicly available forms were "locked" for editing - DIMIA seems to think you might remove inconvenient questions about your criminal history or something - so tell me the secret, you can PM me if you like.

Cheers,

George Lombard

I will PM you.

R.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 10:22 pm
AlmostBob

Thats the reason why the .pdfs are made fillable,
.pdf are read only unless deliberately defined with data entry areas

--
_
"Carruss" <member27461@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > Can anyone help with this?
    > I did add a bit to someone else's thread but got no replies today so
    > far. Does anyone know if it would be OK to fill the application forms in
    > using Adobe Acrobat. This way it keeps it all neat and if you make a
    > mistake (I am sure we all do) you can easily ammend it etc. It also
    > makes it easier form them to read as some peoples handwriting must cause
    > confusion now and again.
    > I do not see a problem doing it this way but just want someone to say if
    > they have done it or doing it this way. I do not want to have a problem
    > after the application has been sent as the whole process takes long
    > enough as it is.
    > Any advice or experiences of this would be grateful.
    > TIA,
    > R.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 11th 2005, 6:18 am
I am not the Messiah!

Originally Posted by AlmostBob
Thats the reason why the .pdfs are made fillable,
.pdf are read only unless deliberately defined with data entry areas
They are actually password protected so you cant make changes to them!
Old Apr 11th 2005, 6:54 am
AlmostBob

You can fill in, print out, or email. what more do you need to do with an
application form

--
_
"Carruss" <member27461@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > > Thats the reason why the .pdfs are made fillable,
    > > .pdf are read only unless deliberately defined with data entry areas
    > >
    > > --
    > > _
    > > "Carruss" <member27461@british_expats.com> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected] m...
    > > > Can anyone help with this?
    > > > I did add a bit to someone else's thread but got no replies today so
    > > > far. Does anyone know if it would be OK to fill the application
    > > > forms in
    > > > using Adobe Acrobat. This way it keeps it all neat and if you make a
    > > > mistake (I am sure we all do) you can easily ammend it etc. It also
    > > > makes it easier form them to read as some peoples handwriting must
    > > > cause
    > > > confusion now and again.
    > > > I do not see a problem doing it this way but just want someone to
    > > > say if
    > > > they have done it or doing it this way. I do not want to have a
    > > > problem
    > > > after the application has been sent as the whole process takes long
    > > > enough as it is.
    > > > Any advice or experiences of this would be grateful.
    > > > TIA,
    > > > R.
    > > > --
    > > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    > They are actually password protected so you cant make changes to them!
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 11th 2005, 11:58 am
I am not the Messiah!

Originally Posted by AlmostBob
You can fill in, print out, or email. what more do you need to do with an
application form
You cant fill in a 'Password Protected' PDF form downloaded from the DIMIA website unless you have the software to enable you to unlock it and make the changes you want to.

Thats why their password protected to stop people making changes to them!

R.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Jamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really nice

Hi Russ,

Cheers,

George Lombard

i though you could only input and save data into the fields that were originially designed into the PDF. To my knowledge, you can't dismantle and rearrange the forms to suit. And why would you want to? a) it's a pain in the arse and b) they'd pick up on it, surely.

jamie