Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Filing 176, can spouse language skills be provided leter on?

Filing 176, can spouse language skills be provided leter on?

Old Nov 5th 2010, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

ahmadsh is on a distinguished road
Default Filing 176, can spouse language skills be provided leter on?

Hi

I need help

I am applying in DIAC under 176, just not sure if I can submit my spouse's English Language proofs later on (after CO is assigned?).

Thanks
Old Nov 5th 2010, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

victim4ever is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Filing 176, can spouse language skills be provided leter on?

Originally Posted by ahmadsh
Hi

I need help

I am applying in DIAC under 176, just not sure if I can submit my spouse's English Language proofs later on (after CO is assigned?).

Thanks
Yes you can , if she is secondary applicant only . otherwise no way . regards ,
Old Nov 5th 2010, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

ahmadsh is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by victim4ever
Yes you can , if she is secondary applicant only . otherwise no way . regards ,
Thanks for reply,

My wife has studied English Language from her grade 1 to bachelors degree (14 years of education).

She has done bachelors of science, courses she has studied along with language were:

Maths --> English Language
Stats --> English Language
English Languge --> English Language

Social Studies --> Local Urdu Language
Econimics --> Local Urdu Language

If I get a letter from her College that above major courses were in English, can this satisfy language requirement for spouse?

Thanks
Old Nov 5th 2010, 7:08 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for reply,

My wife has studied English Language from her grade 1 to bachelors degree (14 years of education).

She has done bachelors of science, courses she has studied along with language were:

If I get a letter from her College that above major courses were in English, can this satisfy language requirement for spouse?

Thanks
bechlour degree is awarded by the univeristy, you can contact university.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 9:00 am
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

Thanks for reply,

Thanks
I don't think so. They also understand the level of English used in these local universities. Since you mention a two years bachelors degree I'm inclined to believe that your spouse had a bachelors degree from a university similar to University of Karachi, Sindh University, Punjab University. These university's English courses are soooooooo bad that is pukes me to hell.

But more importantly your wife has only studied those subjects in English which would be in English anyway. For example Maths I mean come on we know it has to be studied in English and its not like we write essays there. Statistics again same as Maths. English well of course we can't study English language in another language now, can we?

But the courses that should have been in English to substantiate your case were actually taken in another language. If your wife had also studied economics, Islamic studies, social studies, in English then you might have had a better case. But instead she studied 'Muaashiyaat' (Economics). LOL :P

So IELTS is the way to go. But I repeat its not bad idea to just get a letter made and submit it and then see if CO still asks for your wife's IELTS.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 9:25 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gr8leo87
I don't think so. They also understand the level of English used in these local universities. Since you mention a two years bachelors degree I'm inclined to believe that your spouse had a bachelors degree from a university similar to University of Karachi, Sindh University, Punjab University. These university's English courses are soooooooo bad that is pukes me to hell.

But more importantly your wife has only studied those subjects in English which would be in English anyway. For example Maths I mean come on we know it has to be studied in English and its not like we write essays there. Statistics again same as Maths. English well of course we can't study English language in another language now, can we?

But the courses that should have been in English to substantiate your case were actually taken in another language. If your wife had also studied economics, Islamic studies, social studies, in English then you might have had a better case. But instead she studied 'Muaashiyaat' (Economics). LOL :P

So IELTS is the way to go. But I repeat its not bad idea to just get a letter made and submit it and then see if CO still asks for your wife's IELTS.
One applicant on this forum provided the letter from university, his wife did simple BA and co accepted that latter and he has got the visa