A few Questions about study

Old Oct 1st 2007, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

Scottiew is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A few Questions about study

Well Pumpkin I know how you feel we have been trying, passed the tra but dropped me from 60 points down to 40, that was ok he said as we were being sponsored, but oh no another kick down the ladder my relative had to move because of his job so he had not stayed in the designated area for 12 months, so we thought that was that just back to holidays there instead, Then I found out about the student visa, paid my deposit got my coe, so hopefully this will be it, it means we will be in melbourne and every body else will be in perth, but at least it will still be alot closer than we are now, unfortunately not going until next june, but gives us something to look forward to.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice

Hi pumpkin blossom,

How do you find out which areas are "rural loactaions?"

thanks
Old Oct 1st 2007, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

I did read somewhere that Adelaide is the only place counted as regional for study visas. I would have expected there to be other though as the list of regional places for the 457 and RSMS visa is quite large http://www.immi.gov.au/employers/rsms_postcodes.htm
and you would think there must be some TAFE places in Canberra and Cairns etc.
It might be better to ask an agent about that? I was going to look at the points test on the immigration web site to see if it said there, but the page isn't working for me anymore and their search bit is rubbish.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
I did read somewhere that Adelaide is the only place counted as regional for study visas. I would have expected there to be other though as the list of regional places for the 457 and RSMS visa is quite large http://www.immi.gov.au/employers/rsms_postcodes.htm
and you would think there must be some TAFE places in Canberra and Cairns etc.
It might be better to ask an agent about that? I was going to look at the points test on the immigration web site to see if it said there, but the page isn't working for me anymore and their search bit is rubbish.
oh thats interesting thanks, my postcode will be 6230, would come in the very last category on the list.

thanks
Old Oct 1st 2007, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

The regional 5 points is new, so I would check that. I have remembered who told me Adeliade was the only place you could get the 5 points for, it was an agent, but not sure which one. Two out of 3 gave me wrong info anyway, and most only seemed keen on telling me about courses in QLD, so who knows.
If you are going there anyway, as we were planning with Adelaide then it is just a bonus.
Good luck
Old Oct 4th 2007, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

lee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nice

Emailed the study options people, about this course

http://www.eti.wa.edu.au/component/o...mid,43/id,104/

Hopefully this one will be ok, but will wait for the study options people to get back to us.