A few Questions about study

Old Oct 1st 2007, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

lee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nice
Default A few Questions about study

After the closing of pathway D to me, I am looking at other avenues to go to Australia.

Can studying in Australia lead to eventual PR, I have been looking at this course and quite fancy this is a new career.

here

But would completion of this 2 year course allow me to apply for work as its on the MODL list? And I would have zero experiance in this field of work.

Any advice much appreicieted.

Thanks, Lee.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Scottiew is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A few Questions about study

Hi Lee, If you contact study options they will be able to answer all your options and help you out with a placement
Old Oct 1st 2007, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by lee28
After the closing of pathway D to me, I am looking at other avenues to go to Australia.

Can studying in Australia lead to eventual PR, I have been looking at this course and quite fancy this is a new career.

here

But would completion of this 2 year course allow me to apply for work as its on the MODL list? And I would have zero experiance in this field of work.

Any advice much appreicieted.

Thanks, Lee.
Hi i looked at doing that course too but was told you have to go to melbourne to study it as any where else it's theory based and not good to help you get pr. I am studying hoticulture starting feb08, after graduating you get another visa which lasts 18 months and in the 18 months you need to get at least 12 months work experience in your field of study. Then you can aply for a skiled visa for pr.

long and expensive way to do it, but the only way for some!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice

I would also advise you to ring study options as this is where i got all my info.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

lee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nice

Does it matter thats its theory based? I only want to go to perth as thats where my family is and they will be sponsoring me if I complete the course and also can you go out there as soon as you get the student visa and work full time until schooling starts?
Old Oct 1st 2007, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lee28
Does it matter thats its theory based? I only want to go to perth as thats where my family is and they will be sponsoring me if I complete the course and also can you go out there as soon as you get the student visa and work full time until schooling starts?
You can go out 4 months before your course starts and you can NOT work until you have started your course and then it's only 20 hrs per week and nlimited hours in school holidays.
Yes it matters, as I said I am going to perth and wanted to do this course but was told if I was studying in in relation to getting pr it is no use what so ever and would need to do it at melbourne. Ring study options as its them who tod me.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

and i too have a relative to sponser m after my course if i need them too (my sis and brother in law)
Old Oct 1st 2007, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Just phoned them, and they will email me back overnight they said.

Thanks.

Old Oct 1st 2007, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by werty1
after graduating you get another visa which lasts 18 months and in the 18 months you need to get at least 12 months work experience in your field of study.

This depends on how many points you need. If you are under 30 when the course finishes you may get away with only 6 months full time work. I will be over 30 but as I will be doing my course in 'rural' Australia I will get an extra 5 points meaning I won't need to work the year, just the 900 hours.

Good luck
Old Oct 1st 2007, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Hi werty1 just to butt in on lee's thread, you mentioned after you graduate you get another visa for 18 Months to give you chance to get your work experience, what is the name or type of visa is this classed as.

Hi lee I went through study options they are very good and got me a place, i have to go to melbourne even though my family live in and around WA, so some times you just got to put yourself out to reach your goals
Old Oct 1st 2007, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener.../485/index.htm

That is the visa you would be after scottiew
Old Oct 1st 2007, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks again Pumpkin, I'll have to employ you as my agent as you seem to know your stuff
Old Oct 1st 2007, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener.../485/index.htm

That is the visa you would be after scottiew
Where are you studying at pumpkin blossom?
Old Oct 1st 2007, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scottiew, we have spent a year trying to get over so far and unfortunetly I have an obsession with planning everything in minute detail. Not so good at actually getting off my bottom and doing it though. I think we have had so many set backs it just doesn't feel like it will ever happen.

We were first offered a job in Sydney on a 457 visa, which fell though (mmm, that was a year ago this month) and then strung along by a company who were considering sponsoring for a RSMS visa, which never happened, although they did ask for my references, about 6 months after 1st telling me they would like me to apply for the job. My job is one which is down on the list as a spnsored job only. Once we get to Oz I will carry on applying and see if anyone is a bit more keen when I am actualy there.
And then there is the not being able to sell the house after a year and 5 months. (house sales falling through and current buyer taking a huge amount of time to do anything).

Anyway, it will happen, just have to be patient (she says rocking backwards and fowards).

Werty1 Adeliade TAFE, assuming we can get out by Febuary.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom

Anyway, it will happen, just have to be patient (she says rocking backwards and fowards).
Thats the way we feel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.