Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Feb 09 CSL applicant - still no CO contact?

Feb 09 CSL applicant - still no CO contact?

Old Oct 6th 2009, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Luke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant future
Default Feb 09 CSL applicant - still no CO contact?

I applied in Feb as an Accountant and then uploaded my IELTS score to get me onto the CSL list at the start of Sep. I lodged a PLE and had a confirmation back that CSL had been noted on my file.

I was under the impression that I'd get a CO pretty quickly after doing this but as yet no status change or request for meds. My application should be quite straightforward (single employer for last 5 years etc) so can't imagine they are having problems with checks etc. I've seen many April / May applications getting contact from case officers which is getting me a bit frustrated, I want it to get things moving before anymore changes come through!

I've sent a PLE asking for a status update but now 10 working days and still no reply. Is this normal?

Is it because I only joined the CSL list in September, should I now consider myself a September applicant?
Old Oct 6th 2009, 4:48 pm
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all
Default Re: Feb 09 CSL applicant - still no CO contact?

Looking @ http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...processing.pdf you'll see that you'll only be priority level #4 so do not hold your breath.
Could be next year sometime.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

capetosydney will become famous soon enoughcapetosydney will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Luke Brown
Is it because I only joined the CSL list in September, should I now consider myself a September applicant?
You've answered your own question.
So yes, your CSL clock starts ticking from Sept, not Feb.
Good luck.
Cheers
Old Oct 6th 2009, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Luke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by capetosydney
Good luck.
Cheers
Any agents around on here that can confirm this?

If this is the case then I can go back to sleep for a few months!
Old Oct 7th 2009, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Finally got a reply from my PLE today. Looks like I maybe was missed out and now I might see some movement? Has anybody else had a reply like this?

Thank you for your e-mail about your visa application under Australia’s General Skilled Migration program.

Your enquiry has been referred to the Manager of the area processing your visa application. They will follow up and have a case officer allocated to assess your application. Once a case officer has been allocated they will conduct a preliminary assessment on your visa application to determine if they require any further documentation to process your application. Once this assessment has been completed your case officer may contact you if they require any additional documents. We appreciate your patience in this matter.

For any further enquiries about the application you have lodged please refer to our website using the following link http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa...fessionals.htm
Old Oct 7th 2009, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Great news Luke. You got there in the end, I am sure it will take no time from here. Good luck.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 11:43 am
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by capetosydney
Good luck.
Cheers
I doubt that..
Old Oct 7th 2009, 11:51 am
Dia , Queen Bee

divsman is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally got a reply from my PLE today. Looks like I maybe was missed out and now I might see some movement? Has anybody else had a reply like this?

Thank you for your e-mail about your visa application under Australia’s General Skilled Migration program.

Your enquiry has been referred to the Manager of the area processing your visa application. They will follow up and have a case officer allocated to assess your application. Once a case officer has been allocated they will conduct a preliminary assessment on your visa application to determine if they require any further documentation to process your application. Once this assessment has been completed your case officer may contact you if they require any additional documents. We appreciate your patience in this matter.

For any further enquiries about the application you have lodged please refer to our website using the following link http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa...fessionals.htm
Looking at the mail, it looks like you are yet to be assigned with a CO. DIAC has noted that you come under CSL now.....
I suppose, you come under sept 09 CSL , not sure about this though.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

just to follow up on this one - I've just been assigned my case officer so therefore I must still be treated as a Feb 09 applicant.

It just took a PLE to "remind" them about me, and that seemed to get things moving!
Old Oct 13th 2009, 8:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

just to follow up on this one - I've just been assigned my case officer so therefore I must still be treated as a Feb 09 applicant.

It just took a PLE to "remind" them about me, and that seemed to get things moving!
Hurrah!

Yes I think you were unlucky and were that one that slipped through the net. Usually I am the one that happens to

I still don't think a PLE is necessary in most cases, my CO contacted me 18 hours after uploading IELTS and I did not send a PLE. It is clearly flagged in ths system based on occupation code and (in accountants case) whether there is IELTS or not.