Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Feb 04 Non MODL -136: Pre Grant Letter Received

Feb 04 Non MODL -136: Pre Grant Letter Received

Old Dec 6th 2004, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

peavy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Feb 04 Non MODL -136: Pre Grant Letter Received

hi,
My agent called me to tell me that my VISA intimation has come. Does this means that I have been granted a VISA? anything more that needs to be done, Now?

Thanks,
Ron.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

stressed out will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Feb 04 Non MODL -136: Pre Grant Letter Received

Originally Posted by JIVEBABE
You can be in Australia while your visa is being processed but you will need to be outside of Australia for the grant. Most people just go to Singapore for a few days to get the visa stamp in the passport. We too have sold our house but I dare not travel just incase we dont get the visa. Keep telling myself there is no reason why we shouldn't after 9 months wait, surely DIMIA would have told us by now if there was something wrong with our application!

G,day.
thanks for the info,have been waiting for 10mnths for this Damm
visa. Have no hair left to pull so i might start smoking ( not )
Hope us pre/july people start to see some good news for xmas.Post/julyers
who have received visas already enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.Am starting to get sick of waiting as it seems so long ago since we applied,hope it doesnt make a difference to the outcome
(Quote) DIMIA would have told us by now
Im sure that they havnt even looked at our application as yet otherwise we would or should have heard something.
Sorry for the downbeat reply, but thats all i can muster at this present time.
Good luck to everyone who has applied, and i hope its good news for all of us ( before xmas if pos please ) DIMIA GET YOUR FINGERS OUT!!!
Old Dec 7th 2004, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

stressed out will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Feb 04 Non MODL -136: Pre Grant Letter Received

Originally Posted by lyndab
We front loaded because our agent said that if we where in a position to get to australia quickly when the visa was granted then it would be quicker to process but that there was a risk because our medicals may expire or we could be given a small window to get to Australia.

We are glad we did it now, becuase we are in Australia so its not too big a deal to leave and come back in time, we are in Perth so we are just going to singapore for the week.

But if we still lived in Ireland there is no way we could have sold up and got to Australia in the two months that we have to do it so it could be risky.

Good Luck

Hope this isnt a silly question, but here goes

how do you get your visa from singapore? is it applied to your passport when you re- enter oz.or is there a DIMIA office in singapore,and do you have to indicate to them this is where you would like to collect it.
I am new to this site and really do not know how this process is meant to work.Any advise would be greatfully be appreciated.
In the meantime have a great time and enjoy the sun.