Fear of Rejection

Old Jun 4th 2009, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

dippynsippy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fear of Rejection

My case is very strange. I had applied for German student visa in 2001 but due to insufficient documents it was rejected. This visa was rejected on old passport which is no more valid now (expired on May 2006). In Pakistan, old passport should be kept with new passport for 2 years ie. May 2008

To DIAC, i have only provided details of new passport as old passport has expired.

There is a question no. 36 in form 80 which says "Have you ever been denied or refused a visa or entry to another country?"

Pls suggest what should I reply?

If I say YES, Is there any possibility of Australian visa rejection due to previous German visa rejection?

If I say NO, then there is a chance of visa rejection due to hiding of information.

Please I need help.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fear of Rejection

You should say YES of course! If you lie on your application and should be found out, then authorities would take a dim view.

Being turned down for insufficient paperwork eight years ago doesn't sound like to much to worry about on face of it.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

don't hide anything. Even if it's a previous visa rejection. If you hide and then you are caught, you might be in trouble...

I wish you a good luck with your visa application.

Last edited by ronan_in_Oz; Jun 4th 2009 at 7:25 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

and yes, Welcome to BE.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

live2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nice

Hey dippynsippy,

My first advice:

Never ever hide anything from DIAC.

Don't even thing about it. Just tell them that you were rejected or refused a German visa i.e 8 loooooong years ago this wouldn't matter much as you were never rejected the Australian visa.

No worries. And you are not the only one whose visas get rejected from other countries, it can happen to anyone, and this should not affect your Australian visa application.

As a matter of fact, DIAC will be happy that you informed them.

Have faith my friend!

Good luck!

Last edited by live2learn; Jun 4th 2009 at 5:57 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Pietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nice

DIAC's not going to mind that you got turned down for a visa due to insufficient documents. Now, if you were rejected because of the 7 half-eaten bodies in your fridge, that would be a different story.

DIAC cares more why you were turned down than the fact that you got turned down. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 2:52 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

You have to be 100% truthful. If there is anything that looks worse to you than it actually was then add a statutory declaration to explain it. If you lie and get caught out (and DIAC are very thorough) your application will very likely be refused.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 4:50 am
Banned

raagavi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all forum members,

I want to clarify one of my friend applied to canada and her visa was rejected but there is no rejection sticker but in the page they wrote for tmp visa (temporary visit visa ) passport if it is so she want to mentioned in the form or not? because she also going to apply skilled migration.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 6:04 am
ajt
Forum Regular

ajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really nice

Well...since u have a new passport......the chances of them finding it out are very less (unless you have any criminal case against you and you had been refused your visa due to that)....

but then ...theres abslutely no point in taking a risk....you can inform them the truth....its not going to harm your application
Old Jun 5th 2009, 6:45 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ajt
Well...since u have a new passport......the chances of them finding it out are very less (unless you have any criminal case against you and you had been refused your visa due to that)....

but then ...theres abslutely no point in taking a risk....you can inform them the truth....its not going to harm your application
It doens't matter whether there is a rejection sticker in her passport! If the question asks if you "have ever been rejected?" and the answer is "yes" then as stated above that is the answer you should give to DIAC.
Lying on an application is visa fraud and if it is discovered the visa can be cancelled.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 7:04 am
ajt
Forum Regular

ajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really nice

@Pollyana
I was just commenting on how realistic the chances for him to get caught are!

but you are right ( as always)...if he gets caught then hes done in

Cheers!

Last edited by ajt; Jun 5th 2009 at 7:05 am. Reason: hmm
Old Jun 5th 2009, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

dippynsippy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all for your useful suggestions. I have decided not to tell lie to DIAC.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 11:27 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raagavi
Hi all forum members,

I want to clarify one of my friend applied to canada and her visa was rejected but there is no rejection sticker but in the page they wrote for tmp visa (temporary visit visa ) passport if it is so she want to mentioned in the form or not? because she also going to apply skilled migration.
The question is "Have you ever been refused a visa to any country?" WHAT PART OF THAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND???? YES IS THE ANSWER. YOUR "FRIEND" WAS REFUSED A VISA. WHY WOULD YOU EVEN CONSIDER LYING TO DIAC? WHAT PART OF TELL THE TRUTH IS SO DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND HERE?
Old Jun 5th 2009, 11:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

DIAC do not rely on a visa sticker as their proof of visa. That is for your benefit only. If you believe that because you no longer have a passport with a visa sticker in it is relevant to DIAC you are sadly mistaken.

When your application goes in, your details are checked by computer. When it shows up that you had a visa refused whilst you lie on your application, your application will be thrown out. End of story.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

zee004 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI, Can some one help me about the same problem. MY story is like this:
I applied on the basis of political asylum to Canada in 2001. My case was refused in 2003 and left the Canada. Since that I am living in Pakistan and working as Accountant. A couple of years ago I found that I had been issued the deportation order from canada. My question is whether my case will be affected because I have to tell them. I have no criminal record in canada and I can give them police certificate that is not problem.

I talked to Canadian immigration authorities and that said there deportation order is not a crime and I am even allowed to go back canada after applying the authorization of return so I hope I will not have a serious problem from DIAC either but please help I am confused.

My second question is that my olde passport has been expired four yerars ago and I do not have any record about my Canadian Claim. How should I prove to DIAC that I had been issued the deportation order from canada because I have not received since I am living in pakistan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.