FBI police check - quick!

Old May 14th 2005, 7:12 am
Just Joined

Jennawren is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up FBI police check - quick!

Hi all,

Just a little piece of advice that I figured out when sending for my FBI police check clearance (I needed it back very quickly).

If you tell them you have a deadline they will fast track your request. The deadline has to be 2 weeks after you send it in.

Write in the letter:
"To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to request a copy of my Criminal History Record Check for my Australian visa application.

DEADLINE:* April 29, 2005

Full name:*......"

And, I mailed it Global Express to my mother in the states, she FedExed it directly to the FBI with a return FedEx envelope to her, then sent it to me. I think that it took 2 days for FBI turn-around and a total of 2 weeks to send both ways. (Much quicker than the expected 6 weeks, plus 2 weeks of mailing.)

Good luck!
Old May 14th 2005, 7:57 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FBI police check - quick!

Not too sure if that would work for the UK police checks but worth a go i suppose

Rob

Originally Posted by Jennawren
Hi all,

Just a little piece of advice that I figured out when sending for my FBI police check clearance (I needed it back very quickly).

If you tell them you have a deadline they will fast track your request. The deadline has to be 2 weeks after you send it in.

Write in the letter:
"To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to request a copy of my Criminal History Record Check for my Australian visa application.

DEADLINE:* April 29, 2005

Full name:*......"

And, I mailed it Global Express to my mother in the states, she FedExed it directly to the FBI with a return FedEx envelope to her, then sent it to me. I think that it took 2 days for FBI turn-around and a total of 2 weeks to send both ways. (Much quicker than the expected 6 weeks, plus 2 weeks of mailing.)

Good luck!