FBI Clearance Time from Overseas

Old Dec 8th 2009, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

hashoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FBI Clearance Time from Overseas

Hello,
I sent my finger prints to FBI along with all the documents from UAE and clearly mentioned that I need the letter before a particular date as stated by my Case officer on the envelop.

Does anybody have gone through the similar process and have any idea, how long it takes to get the FBI Clearance letter if you applied from UAE or other parts of the world?

Thanks
hashoo
Old Dec 8th 2009, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

wondering is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FBI Clearance Time from Overseas

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=628953

In this thread you will see that there are a few of us that are waiting for FBI clearance.

I hope it helps!!
Old Feb 17th 2010, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

mkokab1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hashoo
Hello,
I sent my finger prints to FBI along with all the documents from UAE and clearly mentioned that I need the letter before a particular date as stated by my Case officer on the envelop.

Does anybody have gone through the similar process and have any idea, how long it takes to get the FBI Clearance letter if you applied from UAE or other parts of the world?

Thanks
hashoo
Dear Hashoo,

I am currently in Dubai, and wanted to do fingerprinting for FBI clearance certificate. From where did you have your finger printing done in UAE?

Also, I tried to get FBI certificate before. The turn around time was 3 months. I hope this helps....
Old Feb 17th 2010, 10:00 am
Just Joined

John_USA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hashoo
Hello,

Thanks
hashoo
In 2007 I was living in Dubai and requested a FBI clearance from the US. Received in 4 weeks.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by John_USA
In 2007 I was living in Dubai and requested a FBI clearance from the US. Received in 4 weeks.
Dear John_USA,

From where did you get you fingerprinting done for FBI certificate? Did you print FD-258 on regular paper and had your fingerprinting done on that?
Old Feb 17th 2010, 10:58 am
Just Joined

John_USA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mkokab1
Dear John_USA,

From where did you get you fingerprinting done for FBI certificate? Did you print FD-258 on regular paper and had your fingerprinting done on that?
Downloaded the fingerprint card from the FBI website. Printed on regular copy paper. I went to the Abu Dhabi police station behind Carrefour.

As stated on the website - no need to certify or attest. Mailed straight to the US. In my cover letter I requested a date for it to be returned. Back in 4 weeks.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 11:19 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

It says somewhere on their site or the form, can't remember, that this need-by date is purely indicative, they never commit to having it done by then. So it might be four weeks or four months and there is nothing to be done about it. Although it would be wise to let the Case Officer know that at least the application was made, and the results will be submitted in a due course.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Dear John_USA,

Here you can get all the details.

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm

If you have any questions you can call them. Make sure you send it by fedex or any other way where you can get a confirmation that they received the letter. Other wise you will be calling them to check your status a month later and they will telling you that "your request is not on the system yet" and you'll be scraching your head wondering if they got the letter or not!!!

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm

It's taking about 3 months... So relax.....
Old Feb 17th 2010, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Does anybody got his fingerprinting rejected by FBI?

Mine got rejected recently, after waiting for 3 months. I will be sending in another set of fingerprints. In some other forum, I read that I will not have to pay them $18 again. Is this correct?

Secondly, does this set of fingerprint will again take another 3 months to process, or should they be processing it quicker?
Old Feb 17th 2010, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

Does anybody got his fingerprinting rejected by FBI?

Mine got rejected recently, after waiting for 3 months. I will be sending in another set of fingerprints. In some other forum, I read that I will not have to pay them $18 again. Is this correct?

Secondly, does this set of fingerprint will again take another 3 months to process, or should they be processing it quicker?
If i were you, I would call them and tell them the situation. I think they will understand and process this one faster.