Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Father's surname mismatch on passport and academic certificates

Father's surname mismatch on passport and academic certificates

Old Oct 27th 2016, 11:11 am
Just Joined

zeeshan.mehtab is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Father's surname mismatch on passport and academic certificates

I am a Software Engineer and I am currently in process of applying for Skilled Immigration to Australia. I am ready to apply for ACS Assessment but I have a question and I need your kind advice.

​My full name is "Zeeshan Mehtab" and my Father's full name is "Mehtab Hussain Abbasi". "Abbasi" is our family name. On all of my academic certificates, my father's name is mentioned as "Mehtab Hussain" but on my Passport and National ID my father's name is "Mehtab Hussain Abbasi". I want to know if this could cause a problem during visa process and what are possible solutions. Please note that my name is correct on all documents and ​I have all the certificates attested by different authorities in Pakistan (University, Higher Education Commission, Foreign Office, UAE Embassy etc).
Old Oct 27th 2016, 2:11 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Father's surname mismatch on passport and academic certificates

Originally Posted by zeeshan.mehtab
I am a Software Engineer and I am currently in process of applying for Skilled Immigration to Australia. I am ready to apply for ACS Assessment but I have a question and I need your kind advice.

​My full name is "Zeeshan Mehtab" and my Father's full name is "Mehtab Hussain Abbasi". "Abbasi" is our family name. On all of my academic certificates, my father's name is mentioned as "Mehtab Hussain" but on my Passport and National ID my father's name is "Mehtab Hussain Abbasi". I want to know if this could cause a problem during visa process and what are possible solutions. Please note that my name is correct on all documents and ​I have all the certificates attested by different authorities in Pakistan (University, Higher Education Commission, Foreign Office, UAE Embassy etc).
Academic certificates in most countries only carry the students name,the parents are irrelevant. I can;t imagine that will make a big difference.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Veronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Pollyanna, as long as your name is the same everywhere, which you said it is, I can't think that one less name for your father will cause any problems.
Old Oct 28th 2016, 7:20 am
Just Joined

zeeshan.mehtab is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot Pollyana and Veronika. I also think the same. I have contacted ACS(australian computer society) and they have advised me to sumbit one Statutory Declaration explaining the matter along with the application for ACS Assessment. I also doubt that they did not read my email completely and just sent me response which is common for all name mismatch cases.

My name is 100% correct on all documents so I am hopeful that there wont me any issue. Wish me good luck!