Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Fast-Tracking+Priority Processing, What's the difference?

Fast-Tracking+Priority Processing, What's the difference?

Old Dec 5th 2004, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all
Default Fast-Tracking+Priority Processing, What's the difference?

Can anyone tell me the difference betweem them please.?
I've heard of these expressions and wondered if they mean the same thing.
Just started the process and therefore at the beginning of understanding all the 'jargon'.
Also,does having an occupation on the MODL list sometimes mean the possibility that the process may be a little quicker due to them being in demand or not?
Lynn
Old Dec 6th 2004, 7:45 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fast-Tracking+Priority Processing, What's the difference?

Hi Lynn

Priority processing usually relates to the TRA skills assessment - you can pay an extra $200 to have your assessment looked at quicker - usually within 3 months whilst "normal" takes around 6 months.

Fast tracking is to do with the visa, I THINK (sure someone will correct me!) it's usually for in demand occupations (e.g. nurses) but not 100% sure so someone will probably be along to confirm this!!
Old Dec 6th 2004, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

prayerspeace is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bridiej
Hi Lynn

Priority processing usually relates to the TRA skills assessment - you can pay an extra $200 to have your assessment looked at quicker - usually within 3 months whilst "normal" takes around 6 months.

Fast tracking is to do with the visa, I THINK (sure someone will correct me!) it's usually for in demand occupations (e.g. nurses) but not 100% sure so someone will probably be along to confirm this!!

rightttttttttttttttttttttt...

PP
Old Dec 6th 2004, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bridiej
Hi Lynn

thanx 4 that.
So if you are the MODL list,it's possible to have your application 'fast-tracked?
I guess that is xtra 2 pay for too,and is that something that is looked at and discussed with agents etc.that are helping with the process?
Lynn
Old Dec 7th 2004, 8:15 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lynnbrooks
thanx 4 that.
So if you are the MODL list,it's possible to have your application 'fast-tracked?
I guess that is xtra 2 pay for too,and is that something that is looked at and discussed with agents etc.that are helping with the process?
Lynn
MODL candidates don't pay extra to be fast-tracked.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
MODL candidates don't pay extra to be fast-tracked.
Priority processing also refers to the faster processing of certain visa sub-classes. Specifically regional migration visas receive priority processing, which includes the new SIR visa I think as well as the Skilled Designated Area Sponsored (subclass 139) visa. I believe that in the "old" pre-july 1st time-line this would mean a shortening of the average wait from 50 weeks to something line 4-6 months (for 139 visas). In the new post July 1st model I don't know if priority processing of 139 subclass and SIR really has any impact, as even 136 visa seem to be receiving much much faster processing. In fact, 136 visas may be faster than 139 visas now due to the slowdown imposed by the need to do the sponsor interview/AOS through Centrelink. That in and of itself seems to be adding a number of weeks to the 139 process which isn't part of the 136 process.

Cheers,
Brian
Old Dec 14th 2004, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brian0
Priority processing also refers to the faster processing of certain visa sub-classes. Specifically regional migration visas receive priority processing, which includes the new SIR visa I think as well as the Skilled Designated Area Sponsored (subclass 139) visa. I believe that in the "old" pre-july 1st time-line this would mean a shortening of the average wait from 50 weeks to something line 4-6 months (for 139 visas). In the new post July 1st model I don't know if priority processing of 139 subclass and SIR really has any impact, as even 136 visa seem to be receiving much much faster processing. In fact, 136 visas may be faster than 139 visas now due to the slowdown imposed by the need to do the sponsor interview/AOS through Centrelink. That in and of itself seems to be adding a number of weeks to the 139 process which isn't part of the 136 process.

Cheers,
Brian

Hiya,thanx for that.
if agents have already started the process of looking at preparing papers for the T.R.A. ass,is it too late to ask for it to be priority processed,paying the extra that is required?
Lynn
Old Dec 15th 2004, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

jackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nice
Question Re: Fast-Tracking+Priority Processing, What's the difference?

Originally Posted by brian0

Cheers,
Brian
hi,Brian just reading your response,and my sister is going to sponsor us on a 139 visa,will she be called into an interview,ive not seen that written before,Jackie
Old Dec 15th 2004, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jackie/steve
hi,Brian just reading your response,and my sister is going to sponsor us on a 139 visa,will she be called into an interview,ive not seen that written before,Jackie
Yes, apparently (I haven't gone through this myself yet) once you get to a certain point in the processing of your visa your assurer, which might be different from your sponsor, has to go into a Centrelink office for an interview and to have their qualifications to be an assurer verified. Things like their tax statements for the last couple years, etc. See the following thread for a good explanation from someone who just went through it:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...nsor+interview

Cheers,
Brian
Old Dec 16th 2004, 3:34 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya,thanx for that.
if agents have already started the process of looking at preparing papers for the T.R.A. ass,is it too late to ask for it to be priority processed,paying the extra that is required?
Lynn
If you haven't applied to TRA yet, I don't see why not. Have you discussed this with your agent?

Jeremy
Old Dec 16th 2004, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JAJ
If you haven't applied to TRA yet, I don't see why not. Have you discussed this with your agent?

Jeremy
Hi Jeremy,

they are preparing the initial stages of the tra,does 'priority-processing' mean that once it is lodged,the tra assessment itself, is a little quicker?
I ask, because I don't want my agents to think that I want them to hurry because they are super and therefore don't want to come accross as pushy because i'm not,
Lynn
Old Dec 16th 2004, 4:25 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jeremy,

they are preparing the initial stages of the tra,does 'priority-processing' mean that once it is lodged,the tra assessment itself, is a little quicker?
Something like that. However TRA assessments seem to be taking some time currently even with priority processing, so it may be better to say 'a little less slow'

Jeremy
Old Dec 16th 2004, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JAJ
Something like that. However TRA assessments seem to be taking some time currently even with priority processing, so it may be better to say 'a little less slow'

Jeremy

Thanx for that.

Anyone who is reading this and have any tra stories,please feel free to share them,
Lynn
Old Dec 16th 2004, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

thegreatmughal is on a distinguished road

I think as well as the Skilled Designated Area Sponsored (subclass 139) visa. I believe that in the "old" pre-july 1st time-line this would mean a shortening of the average wait from 50 weeks to something line 4-6 months (for 139 visas).
Cheers,
Brian[/QUOTE]

hi..
u can get ur visa much before this time limit if u carry "luck" with u and if don't then please read on...
i had applied for skilled designated area sponsored (subclass 139) visa in dec 12, 2003 and till date i m keepin my fingers crossed.. i have everyhting with me.. like a assurer, good work ex; good academic and professional qualification; a mel based agent; sent all my documents well be4 the time limit; am placed in a fast track process and wat to tel more.. but till date living in a mirage of hopes that some day "my no wil come" ... yes good thing is i heard from my assurer some 2-1/2 weeks before that he submitted the required bond money.. but don't know when he wd again call me for visa confirmation... and when i will be in mel, oz...

and the best part is --- i dont believe in luck

cya & all the best