Family Sponsorship And Points Please Help

Old Nov 13th 2008, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

bigfoothazza is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Family Sponsorship And Points Please Help

Hi All....

I'm looking for a way to get permanent residency in Australia. My sister has PR and will soon be a citizen. I want to apply using the family sponsor route but not sure if my qualification is needed. I have a diploma in multimedia. I dont have any experience working in this as yet but was wondering if I could apply as a project coordinator as this only requires a diploma.
If so how many years experience would i need? I am a British National and I am 22 years old. Thanks for you help.

Harry
Old Nov 13th 2008, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

Rachel-UK is a jewel in the roughRachel-UK is a jewel in the roughRachel-UK is a jewel in the roughRachel-UK is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Family Sponsorship And Points Please Help

Arghhhh! let me know if you get any useful info as we are in the same boat!

Rachel
Old Nov 14th 2008, 10:40 am
Just Joined

hey guys, come on cant someone give me some advice, i dont really know where to start looking and i was really hoping someone on here can help me out
Old Nov 14th 2008, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

ubdai will become famous soon enoughubdai will become famous soon enough
Post Re: Family Sponsorship And Points Please Help

Give it some time. All the East coast Ozzies are in bed.
The West coast ones will soon be in bed as well.

ubdai
Old Nov 14th 2008, 10:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ubdai
Give it some time. All the East coast Ozzies are in bed.
The West coast ones will soon be in bed as well.

ubdai
ok thanks man..
Old Nov 14th 2008, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

All the info you need is on http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener.../176/index.htm. That is specific to the family sponsorship visa.

Your first step is to find out if your occupation is on the SOL. If it is, then you can contact the assessing body for that occupation to find out what their requirements are (and if you meet them).

If your occupation is not on the list, you'd need to explore other types of visa.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 7:48 pm
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of

I don't think you can get a PR visa without ANY sort of work experience at all. You should go for a provisional visa, although you may require work experience even for those applications.

I think the best option for you would be a 475 'recoginized' graduates visa. This visa allows recent graduates of selected overseas universities to gain up to 18 months of skilled work experience in occupations in demand in Australia.

As a holder of this visa, you may apply for permanent residence at any time if you are able to meet the passmark on the General Skilled Migration points test.
good luck
Old Nov 14th 2008, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

wow thanks so much you guys are very helpful. i am looking to pick something on the sol list and then train in it, does anyone have any ideas of what would still be on the list in maybe 5 years time.