Family sponsorship

Old Feb 25th 2021, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

Button29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family sponsorship

Hello

We are a family of 4 looking into the possibility of moving to Australia permanently. I have visited a number of times as my dad is an Australian citizen. Knowing that, I have looked into the family sponsorship but as far as I can gather, it looks as though he could only sponsor me if he was an Australian citizen at the time of my birth and this isn’t the case. He became a citizen a few years after my birth. I also have a sister who was born in Australia.

Is there any route through family sponsorship that I could go down with this scenario?

Alternatively, we are looking at visa 189 as my partner’s occupation is on there he is a construction project manager.

Any help would be appreciated 😊
Old Feb 26th 2021, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family sponsorship

He can sponsor you for an491 visa as long as he lives in a regional area. However, this is exactly the same as applying for a 189 with the addition of sponsorship, which just gives some extra points. So, in effect you still need an occupation on the long term list and need to pass a skills assessment etc. IT is also inferior to a 189
Old Feb 26th 2021, 8:14 am
Just Joined

That’s great thank you for your help! So it would be better to go for the 189 to give us more chance?
Old Feb 27th 2021, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

We’re you born in Australia?
Old Feb 27th 2021, 7:26 am
Just Joined

No I was born in the UK