Expired Residency

Old Jul 13th 2004, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Expired Residency

I was wondering if someone can help me. I lived in Australia between the ages 6 and 25.(I moved to Australia with my parents in 1969 and left in 1989) I then moved back to the UK when I got married (my husband is British). My resident return visa expired in May 1992. Is there anyway I can get my residency back as both myself and my husband would like to move to Australia. I have been back to Australia twice in the last 3 years. My father and brother both still live out there.
I would be grateful of any advice
Old Jul 13th 2004, 7:04 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expired Residency

You may have a number of visa options, including Skilled Australian Sponsored, Skilled Designated Area Sponsored (depending on your skills, your husband's skills, and where your relatives are located) and Former Resident special migration.

Have a look on the DIMIA site. From the details you post, you are under 45, so you haven't hit the age bar yet. Other visa options are less likely to be of use to you.

A good agent will be able to work out the best option - I suggest you get in touch with one straight away.

Jeremy

Originally posted by sunshine23
I was wondering if someone can help me. I lived in Australia between the ages 6 and 25.(I moved to Australia with my parents in 1969 and left in 1989) I then moved back to the UK when I got married (my husband is British). My resident return visa expired in May 1992. Is there anyway I can get my residency back as both myself and my husband would like to move to Australia. I have been back to Australia twice in the last 3 years. My father and brother both still live out there.
I would be grateful of any advice
Old Jul 13th 2004, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expired Residency

Originally posted by JAJ
You may have a number of visa options, including Skilled Australian Sponsored, Skilled Designated Area Sponsored (depending on your skills, your husband's skills, and where your relatives are located) and Former Resident special migration.

Have a look on the DIMIA site. From the details you post, you are under 45, so you haven't hit the age bar yet. Other visa options are less likely to be of use to you.

A good agent will be able to work out the best option - I suggest you get in touch with one straight away.

Jeremy
Thank you for your help