Expired Assurance of Support

Old May 8th 2008, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

MelJayandBoys is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Expired Assurance of Support

My family and I applied for the skilled designated area sponsored visa in 2004 and this was granted in January 2006 my uncle and aunt provided centrelink with an assurance of support.

My family and i then validated our visa in April 2006 and had no plans to move to Australia until after our son's final exams next summer 2009.

We have all just received a letter from Centrelink to say that the two year period of support has come to an end, and I wondered what this means in relation to our visa application and does the fact we have not moved yet have an impact upon our visa status?. I had assumed that the assurance of support would start once we had taken up residence.

I have read some thread's on the forum and realize that changes have been made in relation to assurance of support but I don't know if this has any relevance to our application as our visa was granted in 2006?.

Mel

Last edited by MelJayandBoys; May 8th 2008 at 6:08 pm.
Old May 8th 2008, 9:20 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expired Assurance of Support

Assurance of support 2 year clock starts ticking when you validate your visas.