EOI or State sponsor first?

Old Mar 31st 2016, 1:10 pm
Banned

rsbhj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EOI or State sponsor first?

Hi

I am looking to apply for my 190 visa, to make the required points I need a state sponsor reach the points score.

I have my skills assessment and ielts, so my question is do I apply for state sponsor first then submit my EOI or can I submit my EOI and select the state I am looking to sponsor me on the EOI and the state I select will pick this up on the EOI.

I have read the skills select website and the 190 visa requirements and cant make sense of which way the process is, can anyone help?

I am applying for Victoria state sponsor.
Old Mar 31st 2016, 1:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EOI or State sponsor first?

The process varies by state. You need to see what the state you are interested in requires you to do.
Old Mar 31st 2016, 1:26 pm
Banned

Hi

From what I have read it appears I can do either option, which is strange I would have thought it was one way or the other.

I can apply to Victoria for state sponsor, no cost, 12 weeks processing and believe this is valid for 4 months if granted, so i would then submit my EOI with the correct amount of points,

However the EOI suggested you can select if you are looking for state sponsor, and then the state will pick it up and assess, however I would be short on points doing it this way until the state picked this up and granted sponsor.

Its just not clear which way I should do it, going for EOI first seems to be a quicker option but not sure it that 100% the right way.

Has anyone done this lately?

Last edited by rsbhj; Mar 31st 2016 at 2:18 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2016, 2:25 pm
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

This is how I interpret the VIC process.

Skilled Nominated (190) Visa - Live in Victoria

You apply to VIC for sponsorship directly via their website portal.

You can either lodge your EOI now, or after you have been approved.

If it is after, you then lodge your EOI then give VIC your EOI reference number for them to process.

If it is before you still have to apply to them direct, I don't think they skim the pool of applicants and give out nominations. It just saves the step of generating an EOI number and replying to them with it.
Old Mar 31st 2016, 2:33 pm
Banned

In that case as I need the VIC sponsorship to meet the require points, I would be best applying for this first, then if successful submit my EOI, and then email VIC my EOI ref number.

As doing it the EOI way first, it may get missed for invitation as I don't have enough points without a successful sponsor.