Ens Or Rsms - Which One?

Old Jun 19th 2006, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

WacandJill has a spectacular aura aboutWacandJill has a spectacular aura aboutWacandJill has a spectacular aura about
Default Ens Or Rsms - Which One?

Sorry to be so stupid, but I keep looking on here for tips and am getting myself in a mess.
We are in australia on a 457, and want to get a permanent visa now.

As I understand it :-

ENS -You need to go through TRA, which takes about 4 weeks?
Then apply for ENS - how long does this take to be approved (hopefully) ?
Does the ENS tie you into the employer for a number of years?
I understand you arn't restricted where you can live and work.

RSMS - no TRA needed.
How long does this take to be approved?
I understand you are tied to the employer for 3 years?
You have to live and work in certain areas.

I have a meeting with an migration agent tomorrow and want to make sure what we want. Whilst I think that the RSMS may be quicker and easier to obtain, we dont want the pressure of having to stay with that employer for 3 years just in case the job is dreadful. It would be a long time if you were unhappy in your job.

If the ENS means you dont literally have to stay with that employer for 3 years, then perhaps this would be a better option.

We are on a 457 with an agency and want to get out of this visa asap. New company say they will sponsor us for ENS or RSMS, but I wanted to know how long these take to come through. The new company are suggesting we first apply for a new 457 so they dont have to pay the high agency fees, which we believe may come through in a matter of weeks, and then apply for pr with ENS or RSMS which will take alot longer.

Anyone know how long they take?
Old Jun 20th 2006, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ens Or Rsms - Which One?

Originally Posted by WacandJill
Sorry to be so stupid, but I keep looking on here for tips and am getting myself in a mess.

RSMS - no TRA needed.

I have a meeting with an migration agent tomorrow and want to make sure what we want. Whilst I think that the RSMS may be quicker and easier to obtain, we dont want the pressure of having to stay with that employer for 3 years just in case the job is dreadful. It would be a long time if you were unhappy in your job.

If the ENS means you dont literally have to stay with that employer for 3 years, then perhaps this would be a better option.

We are on a 457 with an agency and want to get out of this visa asap. New company say they will sponsor us for ENS or RSMS, but I wanted to know how long these take to come through. The new company are suggesting we first apply for a new 457 so they dont have to pay the high agency fees, which we believe may come through in a matter of weeks, and then apply for pr with ENS or RSMS which will take alot longer.

Anyone know how long they take?
we arrived also on a 457 and found the easiest route for us was via STNI-no points required, applying for a 134, app just gone in to Adelaide, now just waiting like everyone else............
Old Jun 20th 2006, 1:18 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WacandJill

RSMS - no TRA needed.

1. You may need TRA for RSMS too, especially if you are a tradesman "qualified by experience".

2. Processing times : Both ENS and RSMS get priority processing, straightforward cases take a few months normally.

3. You are tied to your employer for 2 years on RSMS. No specific tie on ENS, provided you do make an effort to take up the job (otherwise it could appear fraudulent).

4. In WA, RSMS only applies to areas outside Perth. ENS applies anywhere.

A further issue to consider, is that if you're aged 45+ then it *might* be easier to obtain a waiver of the age limit on RSMS. Discuss that and more with the agent.
Old Jun 20th 2006, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

WacandJill has a spectacular aura aboutWacandJill has a spectacular aura aboutWacandJill has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for that, I would hope you would come on a reply, you have helped us out before.

Paul is a boilermaker with over 25 years experience, and has welding certificates etc.,
Yes he is over 45, nearly 46 actually.

The RSMS seems the easiest route, but we dont like the 2 year tie in period.

Do you think it is worth going for a new 457 just to get away from the agency, and then going for ENS or RSMS, or do you think we might just as well go straight for the ens/rsms?

If the ENS/RSMS dont take that long, perhaps we could save some money and just go straight for that?

It all depends on time really, as the new company dont want to be paying the agency for months on end, as it makes Paull very expensive to employ.

Many thanks
Jill