to ENS or not to?

Old Oct 15th 2006, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

here2learn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default to ENS or not to?

Hi,

I have just received a positive ACS assessment (2231-11), I had applied under 1224-11. I was hoping to get 1224-11 so that I could get STNI from Victoria. In hindsight – I should have applied for sponsorship from Vic first and then got an ACS assessment. Since I turn 45 in 10 days time, I will not have time to appeal. On my points I achieve only 105 (short of 15) and no family in Oz to fall back on. My gut feel is to go ahead any submit under subclass 134 Skills matching anyway before I hit 45. (or should I go for subclass 136 and slip in the pool to drown?) Yes, I know - not a lot of options here.

I am off to Melbourne next week for a potential job interview (may be prepared to sponsor ENS).

1) Should I be successful at the job interview – will the employer still be able to nominate me (even though I will have turned 45 but already lodged with Skills Matching)?

2) Should we try and lodge the employer’s part before I turn 45? (try doing to that in 2 days !!!!)

Any suggestion would be extremely helpful.

Kind regards
Al
Old Oct 15th 2006, 9:21 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: to ENS or not to?

Originally Posted by here2learn
Hi,

I have just received a positive ACS assessment (2231-11), I had applied under 1224-11. I was hoping to get 1224-11 so that I could get STNI from Victoria. In hindsight – I should have applied for sponsorship from Vic first and then got an ACS assessment. Since I turn 45 in 10 days time, I will not have time to appeal. On my points I achieve only 105 (short of 15) and no family in Oz to fall back on. My gut feel is to go ahead any submit under subclass 134 Skills matching anyway before I hit 45. (or should I go for subclass 136 and slip in the pool to drown?) Yes, I know - not a lot of options here.

I am off to Melbourne next week for a potential job interview (may be prepared to sponsor ENS).

1) Should I be successful at the job interview – will the employer still be able to nominate me (even though I will have turned 45 but already lodged with Skills Matching)?

2) Should we try and lodge the employer’s part before I turn 45? (try doing to that in 2 days !!!!)

Any suggestion would be extremely helpful.

Kind regards
Al

Hi Al,

In fact a 134 is a good option, and you might also be able to persuade Victoria to nominate you in the relevant ASCO code if they think your skills are useful in Victoria, but that's a gamble. Additionally, at no extra cost, you should certainly be seeking employer nomination. Hopefully they'll have a relationship with an agent to make it easier for you.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old May 14th 2007, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

here2learn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: to ENS or not to?

Now got STNI sponsor (from NSW) - took only 4 weeks