ENS Changes ?

Old Jul 3rd 2005, 11:17 pm
Retired *********

pread is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ENS Changes ?

I have heard that there were some changes to ENS back in April, but cannot find what those changes were after searches on the Immigration, British Expats or GoMatilda sites. Back in December, I looked up the requirements, and there was a section "Under the Employer Nomination Scheme, an employer must show that they have been unable to find an Australian citizen or resident who is suitable to fill the vacant position that is being nominated". I can't find this any more. What I did find instead was a new set of requirements, including "either the applicant has worked full-time in Australia in the occupation for which they have been nominated for the last 2 years, including at least the last 1 year working for the nominating employer". I have almost completed a year with my current employer, and I don't think the other requirements are an issue. Can anyone confirm if these (abridged)changes are correct, or I'm barking up the wrong tree ?

By the way, can't seem to find the MODL these days, on http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/skilled/modl.htm. Have they moved it ?

Cheers, Paul.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 11:37 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ENS Changes ?

Originally Posted by pread
I have heard that there were some changes to ENS back in April, but cannot find what those changes were after searches on the Immigration, British Expats or GoMatilda sites. Back in December, I looked up the requirements, and there was a section "Under the Employer Nomination Scheme, an employer must show that they have been unable to find an Australian citizen or resident who is suitable to fill the vacant position that is being nominated". I can't find this any more. What I did find instead was a new set of requirements, including "either the applicant has worked full-time in Australia in the occupation for which they have been nominated for the last 2 years, including at least the last 1 year working for the nominating employer". I have almost completed a year with my current employer, and I don't think the other requirements are an issue. Can anyone confirm if these (abridged)changes are correct, or I'm barking up the wrong tree ?
http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/employers/index.htm has the updated information on ENS and RSMS. I recommend downloading the current edition of migration booklet 5.

By the way, can't seem to find the MODL these days, on http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/skilled/modl.htm. Have they moved it ?

Cheers, Paul.
They do change the internal links from time to time.
http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/ski...oc/gn_modl.htm

Points to bear in mind:
- MODL is no longer relevant for ENS visas
- For general skilled, all MODL applications get priority processing (IT fast track is long gone)
- Points for MODL are 15 without a job offer, 20 with a job offer provided the conditions are met.

Jeremy
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 11:56 pm
Retired *********

pread is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ENS Changes ?

Jeremy,

Cheers, exactly what I was looking for. I already have details on the ENS, but just wanted to confirm that the MODL was no longer applicable for that process.

Thanks, Paul.

Originally Posted by JAJ
Points to bear in mind:
- MODL is no longer relevant for ENS visas

Jeremy