ENS(856) Nomination Processing

Old Sep 10th 2007, 9:02 am
Just Joined

eliotyan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ENS(856) Nomination Processing

Hi,

I am new to this forum and hoping to get some help and enlightenment to my query regarding 856 visa. I am currently based in Melbourne and have been working as an Engineer for a Automation Engineering firm on 457 visa for more than two years already. My employer agreed to sponsor me and my family to become permanent residents here in Australia thru ENS and last month (01-Aug-07) they lodged the nomination application. It has been about 6 weeks since the lodgment and until now they have not received atleast a receipt acknowledgment and I am wondering whether it normal for nomination application to take that long without hearing anything from DIMIA.

Any answer provided is greatly appreciated.

eliotyan
Old Sep 10th 2007, 9:17 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: ENS(856) Nomination Processing

Our nomination process took about 3 months in total. Towards the end, our would-be employer emailed them to ask what the delay was and TA DA! the nomination was approved next day.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 9:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
Our nomination process took about 3 months in total. Towards the end, our would-be employer emailed them to ask what the delay was and TA DA! the nomination was approved next day.
Thank you for your reply. If that is the case then the way forward is to get my employer to follow up on the status of the nomination application.

eliotyan
Old Sep 10th 2007, 9:29 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by eliotyan
Thank you for your reply. If that is the case then the way forward is to get my employer to follow up on the status of the nomination application.

eliotyan
It wouldn't do any harm. Good luck with it all.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 9:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
It wouldn't do any harm. Good luck with it all.
I really appreciate your help. Thank you very much.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 10:51 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Have you lodged the visa application as well? The nomination and the visa applications can be reviewed by the same case officer at the same time ...

Best regards.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

helenwilson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by eliotyan
Hi,

I am new to this forum and hoping to get some help and enlightenment to my query regarding 856 visa. I am currently based in Melbourne and have been working as an Engineer for a Automation Engineering firm on 457 visa for more than two years already. My employer agreed to sponsor me and my family to become permanent residents here in Australia thru ENS and last month (01-Aug-07) they lodged the nomination application. It has been about 6 weeks since the lodgment and until now they have not received atleast a receipt acknowledgment and I am wondering whether it normal for nomination application to take that long without hearing anything from DIMIA.

Any answer provided is greatly appreciated.

eliotyan
Hi, my oh put in his nomination 3 weeks ago and our agent told us then they were taking about 2-4 months to be processed. Horrible waiting isn't it?
Old Sep 11th 2007, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by helenwilson
Hi, my oh put in his nomination 3 weeks ago and our agent told us then they were taking about 2-4 months to be processed. Horrible waiting isn't it?
Good luck with this. Hope it all works out for you.

T