Enquiry Re Employment Status

Old Jun 3rd 2003, 11:47 am
Jaj

Default Re: Enquiry Re Employment Status

Additionally, the applicant must nominate an MODL occupation and have
a supporting skill assessment. And apparently the job offer has to be
in the same MODL occupation, not another one.

So an SAP professional won't be able to get the extra points for being
offered a job as a hairdresser

Jeremy

>On Wed, 04 Jun 2003 02:42:15 +0000, Mark Webster wrote:
    >Methven,
    >A couple of points:
    >- the 15 points for job offer only applies for applications lodged after
    > 1 July 2003
    >- the job offer has to be in the MODL occupation
    >- the job offer needs to be from a (reputable) employer who employed at
    > least ten people full-time throughout the last two years.

This is not intended to be legal advice in any jurisdiction

Old Jun 3rd 2003, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

methven is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Enquiry Re Employment Status

Hi,

I am looking to gain an independent skilled migrant visa on the basis of a job in demand and offer of employment which would provide me with 15 points. However, depending on how long the process takes, i may not be able to travel to Australia for over a year. Would i still be bound by this job offer once i arrive in Australia? Would rejecting this job offer and seaching for different employment affect my visa status?

Thanks for any help given.

Methven
Old Jun 4th 2003, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

Mark Webster is on a distinguished road

Methven,

A couple of points:
- the 15 points for job offer only applies for applications lodged after 1 July 2003
- the job offer has to be in the MODL occupation
- the job offer needs to be from a (reputable) employer who employed at least ten people full-time throughout the last two years.

There is no strict requirement for you to take up the position offered. However, if after grant of your application DIMIA forms the opinion that you never had any intention of taking up the position, it is possible that your visa could be cancelled due to the provision of false information.

Hope this helps.
Old Jun 4th 2003, 6:07 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Mark Webster
- the 15 points for job offer only applies for applications lodged after 1 July 2003
Mark,

AFAIK, the new 15 points for MODL with job offer applies to applications assessed on of after 1 July 2003; not necessarily only for applications lodged after 1 July.

Of course, applications lodged after 1 July will definitely be assessed after 1 July

Peter