Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Engineers Australia -Skill assessment period

Engineers Australia -Skill assessment period

Old Oct 1st 2008, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

letusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really nice
Question Engineers Australia -Skill assessment period

Does anybody know, as to how much time is being taken presently by Engineers Australia for reviewing the CDRs. Though the site of Engineers Australia claim that they carry out the review within 4-5 weeks, has someone got review within this period or before?
Old Oct 1st 2008, 11:40 am
Just Joined

slatdb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Engineers Australia -Skill assessment period

Originally Posted by letusenjoy79
Does anybody know, as to how much time is being taken presently by Engineers Australia for reviewing the CDRs. Though the site of Engineers Australia claim that they carry out the review within 4-5 weeks, has someone got review within this period or before?
Hi letusenjoy79,

Yes. They review within 4-5 weeks. Actually my one completed within 1-2 weeks but due to postal delays it took about 3-4 weeks.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

letusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really nice

Thanks slatdb but can u please guide as to how these postal delays could be avoided. I have recently applied to Engineers Australia for review on 27.09.2008
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

msi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nice

Originally Posted by slatdb
Hi letusenjoy79,

Yes. They review within 4-5 weeks. Actually my one completed within 1-2 weeks but due to postal delays it took about 3-4 weeks.
CDR or accredited qualification?
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 2:45 am
Just Joined

slatdb is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks slatdb but can u please guide as to how these postal delays could be avoided. I have recently applied to Engineers Australia for review on 27.09.2008
You can courier the documents to Engineers Australia (EA). (In my case it took 5 working days to reach EA) But EA will send receipt and assessment results through normal post. You can't avoid that delay.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

sram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nice
Smile Re: Engineers Australia -Skill assessment period

Hi,

I got mine done within 3 days flat from Application submission to Assessment thru Agent. By the way, I graduated from an Australian University.

Was given the occupational classification of Communication Systems Engineer ASCO 2129-79.

Regards.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sram466
Hi,

I got mine done within 3 days flat from Application submission to Assessment thru Agent. By the way, I graduated from an Australian University.

Was given the occupational classification of Communication Systems Engineer ASCO 2129-79.

Regards.
Thx sram466. I have also applied through an agent only but I have graduated from an Indian University. I have still not recieved my acknowledgement of submission of CDR. My agent has informed that sometimes the acknowledgement comes even later than the assessment. Mine ASCO Code is 2124-11 for a Cicvil Engineer.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

I posted my husbands Skills Assessment off a couple of weeks ago, so it's probably been with them about a week. Our credit card has just been charged the fee - we'll see how long it takes to get the reply.

Has anybody else applied with an undergraduate degree of Electrical and Electronic Engineering? We're hoping for an ASCO code for either Electrical Engineer or Electronics Engineer as both are on the MODL, but we'll see what the choose! Otherwise it's IELTS.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

sram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tubbs2Oz

Has anybody else applied with an undergraduate degree of Electrical and Electronic Engineering? We're hoping for an ASCO code for either Electrical Engineer or Electronics Engineer as both are on the MODL, but we'll see what the choose! Otherwise it's IELTS.
Hi,

My understanding, there's no escape from IELTS. A must do thing part of VISA application process. Unless DIAC has changed rules ... again.

Best of luck,
sram466
Old Oct 16th 2008, 4:46 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sram466
Hi,

My understanding, there's no escape from IELTS. A must do thing part of VISA application process. Unless DIAC has changed rules ... again.

Best of luck,
sram466
Not true. It depends on whether or not you are from an english speaking country.

If you are from an english speaking country then it's not required. However if you are short on points you can take the IELTS to gain some extra points.

If you are not from an english speaking country then you MUST do the IELTS.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

Exactly! If we have a MODL then we will have 125 points I think, otherwise we'd only have 110 and would therefore need the extra 10 points that the IELTS would give us.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Hi comet555, tubbs2oz

Thanks for clarifying. I am on 176 Sponsor, non-MODL and sat for IELTS. Cheers !
Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

A.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really nice

Originally Posted by slatdb
You can courier the documents to Engineers Australia (EA). (In my case it took 5 working days to reach EA) But EA will send receipt and assessment results through normal post. You can't avoid that delay.
Hi,
In the Migration Skills Assessment Booklet (May2008 release), in page 7, in section 8.The Assessment Process, it's written that:
"Letters of recognition are sent by ordinary post. If you wish to use a courier you must organise that yourself. Please advise Engineers Australia if you intend to use a courier."
I think that means you can arrange with DHL, for example, to pick your results from EA and get it to you, which I believe will be a bit expensive, but faster of course than ordinary mail.

Last edited by A.I.Hassan; Oct 17th 2008 at 12:06 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Ahmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really nice

Here is my unbelievable experience with Engineers Australia:

22/5/2008 - CDR application submitted to DHL (with bank draft)
26/5/2008 - CDR application delivered to EA
28/5/2008 - EA approved my application (Architectural Engineer 2129-79)
04/6/2008 - Positive assessment received in my mail box

No aknowlodgement letter Positive assessment directly
Old Oct 17th 2008, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

AhmadJ, where have you done your Education from?
I had submitted my application on 22.9.2008 and yet to receive even acknowledgment from Engineers Australia. Waiting for the skill assessment desperately. I am from India.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.