EN 121 visa

Old Feb 6th 2008, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Alith is an unknown quantity at this point
Question EN 121 visa

Can anyone give me advice about how long the EN 121 visa generally takes to process?
My husband's job was due to start in January 2008 but we have heard nothing since we got a letter via our emmigration agent that application had been lodged (applied October 2007, email received 1st Nov). All meds (December 4, 07), police checks sent off.

Our case officer moved on so I don't even know if we have one now

Have been told that job offer ok but how long should we expect them to wait???

Anyone with any experience of this visa process? Can't find anything on the immigration update site for this class of visa.

Need to get to the sunshine
Old Feb 7th 2008, 1:05 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EN 121 visa

Originally Posted by Alith
Can anyone give me advice about how long the EN 121 visa generally takes to process?
My husband's job was due to start in January 2008 but we have heard nothing since we got a letter via our emmigration agent that application had been lodged (applied October 2007, email received 1st Nov). All meds (December 4, 07), police checks sent off.

Our case officer moved on so I don't even know if we have one now
The service standard for an offshore 121 visa where applicants are nationals of ETA eligible countries is 3 months:
http://www.immi.gov.au/about/reports...utput1_1_1.htm

So it's already outside standard processing time and your agent should be asking what is going on. If case officer has left, the application may be forgotten.

Your employer may wish to ask the question directly to DIAC and if there is no satisfactory response, ask the Minister's office to intervene with the relevant DIAC office.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:30 am
Just Joined

Alith is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EN 121 visa

Thanks for this advice.

We have been asking our agent to chase this up but he seems worried that we will upset someone in the immigration department if we keep asking about CO's etc. He suggests that the hold up is with the medicals as they would only have been received mid-December and take 2 months to process. Our employers also contacted the immigration people and the impression they were given was that if we did push the issue things would happen.

It's very frustrating knowing what to do but it does seem an long time to wait with little indication of anything happening....

I will get back to my agent today- watch this space