Employment Reference

Old Dec 21st 2013, 4:19 am
Just Joined

rksundaram76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Employment Reference

Hi,

I am planning to apply for skills assessment.

I have total of 12 years of experience in software industry and planned to apply for "Software Engineer" and my current role is "Technical Architect".

Regarding employment reference letter I can able to provide only from current employment (6.5 years, from 2007 to current date) and immediate previous employment (2.5 years, from 2004 to 2007).

Before immediate previous employment I could not able to get, because that company is not ready provide letter and even managers and colleagues reluctant to provide the self-declaration letter.

Below are my doubts.

1. In this case, can I provide only my current employment and immediate previous employment experience alone and its reference letters?
2. My designation in immediate previous employment was "senior software Engineer". If I am not mentioning about older experiences, Will there a question will rise how you got the first job as "Senior Software engineer"?
3. For the second question, i can able to evident the company offer letters & pay slips, but only thing I could not able provide the employment references.
4. If I am not mentioning previous experiences then it appears break in my carrier. I have completed my degree in 2002. So break period will be 2002 to 2004.
Will it cause any issue in Visa?

I am bit confused, any help in this regard is appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!!!

KM.
Old Dec 21st 2013, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice
Default Re: Employment Reference

Originally Posted by rksundaram76
Hi,

I am planning to apply for skills assessment.

I have total of 12 years of experience in software industry and planned to apply for "Software Engineer" and my current role is "Technical Architect".

Regarding employment reference letter I can able to provide only from current employment (6.5 years, from 2007 to current date) and immediate previous employment (2.5 years, from 2004 to 2007).

Before immediate previous employment I could not able to get, because that company is not ready provide letter and even managers and colleagues reluctant to provide the self-declaration letter.

Below are my doubts.

1. In this case, can I provide only my current employment and immediate previous employment experience alone and its reference letters?
2. My designation in immediate previous employment was "senior software Engineer". If I am not mentioning about older experiences, Will there a question will rise how you got the first job as "Senior Software engineer"?
3. For the second question, i can able to evident the company offer letters & pay slips, but only thing I could not able provide the employment references.
4. If I am not mentioning previous experiences then it appears break in my carrier. I have completed my degree in 2002. So break period will be 2002 to 2004.
Will it cause any issue in Visa?

I am bit confused, any help in this regard is appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!!!

KM.
Let me know the answers for below question.

1. Have you done a Skills Assessment through ACS?
2. What is the Degree you have and when it was obtained?
3. Do you have any other qualifications apart from the first Degree? if yes what are those?
4. What is your age?
5. Are you married? if yes what is your partner's job and education?
6. Did you do IELTS and if yes results?

Cheers
PB
Old Dec 21st 2013, 5:13 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by peaceboy
Let me know the answers for below question.

3. Do you have any other qualifications apart from the first Degree? if yes what are those?
4. What is your age?

Cheers
PB
Thanks for the reply..below are the answers..

No. I am going to apply for Skills assessment, doing the ground work for document submission.

Under graduate : Bachelor of business management - Year 1997

Post Graduate : Master of computer applications - Year 2002

4. What is your age?

37 years

Yes. Partner's education is Master of computer applications and she is home maker.

No. Preparing and planned to take on Feb2014 slot.
Old Dec 21st 2013, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice

Thanks for the reply..below are the answers..

No. I am going to apply for Skills assessment, doing the ground work for document submission.

Under graduate : Bachelor of business management - Year 1997

Post Graduate : Master of computer applications - Year 2002

4. What is your age?

37 years

Yes. Partner's education is Master of computer applications and she is home maker.

No. Preparing and planned to take on Feb2014 slot.
Ok,

Please see the possible score given below.

Education : 15 (Provided that your Msc in computer applications is at recommended level)
Experience : 10 (5 or more years would be calculated as skilled - Please note that your BA Degree is not relevant to your field of employment and most probably it would not be taken in to account. your Msc in computer applications would be considered and 2 years would be deducted from your experience since 2002 up to 2004, only work experience from 2004 would be considered as skilled as per ACS criteria which makes it 5 years +, however you may have to prove work experience prior to 2004 )
IELTS : 10 (Provided that you are able to get a 7 for all 4 components)

which makes 60 points and that is all you need. further if you can secure a state nomination you can go up to 65 points.

For your work experience prior to 2004, you can ask your colleagues to provide an affidavit, you can show the pay slips and appointment letter to prove your employment, further you can submit an affidavit confirming the employment. either way i think you have to prove that you worked prior to 2004.

Please note that what ever i mentioned above is according to my assumption and may not be 100% correct.

Cheers,
PB
Old Dec 21st 2013, 4:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you need to prove employment from as far back as 2002? I am not clear why this matters.
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Why do you need to prove employment from as far back as 2002? I am not clear why this matters.
His/her M.sc was obtained in 2002 and he/she will loose 2 years out of total experience as per ACS criteria and at the same time he/she can only prove his/her experience from 2007 till now making it only 6.5 years of total experience.

as per ACS criteria he/she will only be awarded with 4.5 years of skilled experience and will miss out 5 points since he/she is not meeting 5 years of overseas working experience. if he/she can prove work experience since 2002 he/she may be able to hit the 8 year mark and get 15 points for skilled experience and in worst case scenario can at least prove 5 years of skilled experience and get the 10 points.

Cheers,
PB.

Last edited by peaceboy; Dec 23rd 2013 at 3:52 am.
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 4:15 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

His/her M.sc was obtained in 2002 and he/she will loose 2 years out of total experience as per ACS criteria and at the same time he/she can only prove his/her experience from 2007 till now making it only 6.5 years of total experience.

as per ACS criteria he/she will only be awarded with 4.5 years of skilled experience and will miss out 5 points since he/she is not meeting 5 years of overseas working experience. if he/she can prove work experience since 2002 he/she may be able to hit the 8 year mark and get 15 points for skilled experience and in worst case scenario can at least prove 5 years of skilled experience and get the 10 points.

Cheers,
PB.
Looking at OP, references are available for 9 years. If accepted, after losing 2 years for skills assessment, there are still 7 years left.
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Looking at OP, references are available for 9 years. If accepted, after losing 2 years for skills assessment, there are still 7 years left.
Thanks guys for the replies...

I hope i will get 10 points for 7 years of experience.. Coz, thats all i can provide..

KM..
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

giri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope i will get 10 points for 7 years of experience.. Coz, thats all i can provide..

KM..
I got 10 points for 6 years of work experience, so you should be fine. Make sure that you have your experience letters in proper format and you are able to prove your association with both the companies.
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by giri26
I got 10 points for 6 years of work experience, so you should be fine. Make sure that you have your experience letters in proper format and you are able to prove your association with both the companies.
Can you please help me to provide sample formats for the reference Letters(Statutory Declaration) for
Previous company and current company or Is there any specified format available for the same.

KM

Last edited by rksundaram76; Dec 23rd 2013 at 3:26 pm.
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 8:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Can you please help me to provide sample formats for the reference Letters(Statutory Declaration) for
Previous company and current company or Is there any specified format available for the same.

KM
It is just a reference letter, there is no set format. Just ask the employer if they can include at least: dates, job title, salary, duties, working hours.
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 9:25 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

KM
Have a read of ACS's applicant guidelines - http://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/...Applicants.pdf - info in there on references and what to do when you can't get one.

Then have a look here - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf
It will explain all about the points you can get
Old Dec 24th 2013, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

KM..
Please note that you may loose 2 years out of the 7 years of experience which will make it 5 years of skilled level as per ACS assessment criteria.

This is why i asked whether you are able to prove experience from 2002 so that you have a better chance of getting the 10 points.

Cheers,
PB
Old Dec 24th 2013, 4:47 am

Please note that you may loose 2 years out of the 7 years of experience which will make it 5 years of skilled level as per ACS assessment criteria.

This is why i asked whether you are able to prove experience from 2002 so that you have a better chance of getting the 10 points.

Cheers,
PB
If you read the original post, references could be provided for 6.5 years of current employment, and 2.5 years of previous employment. That's 9 years, which leaves 7 if ACS only deduct 2 years for skills assessment. That will depend on whether the qualification is ICT major or minor, and if it is closely related to the nominated occupation (http://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/...a-Oct-2013.pdf)

But 5 years of skilled employment is enough for 10 points anyway if it is recognised and verifiable.