Employer Verification

Old Oct 25th 2006, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Familytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to all
Red face Employer Verification

This is beginning to give me a few palpitations.

Regarding employer verifications, in the company I work for there are two Directors. My references were all done be one of the Directors who I confided in on my immigration plans. The problem is nobody else in the company including the other Director have any idea that I plan, to try to emigrate to Aus. It's a medium sized company so all the calls are taken in a small open plan office.

I think I am beginning to ramble a bit here, but stick with it.

If the call is taken by any body else in the office or the other Director will DIMA speak to them to confirm my references or will they only speak to the person who signed the references, namely the Director concerned.

I hope this makes some sort of sense,

Any ideas, Thanks.
Old Oct 25th 2006, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

Mike B has a spectacular aura aboutMike B has a spectacular aura aboutMike B has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Employer Verification

Hi,
just wondering, why would you have employer verifications. Is this normal? the reason I ask, my boss is a total a**e as well.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 3:54 am
bru
Forum Regular

bru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Familytoaus

Regarding employer verifications, in the company I work for there are two Directors. My references were all done be one of the Directors who I confided in on my immigration plans. The problem is nobody else in the company including the other Director have any idea that I plan, to try to emigrate to Aus. It's a medium sized company so all the calls are taken in a small open plan office.

If the call is taken by any body else in the office or the other Director will DIMA speak to them to confirm my references or will they only speak to the person who signed the references, namely the Director concerned.

Any ideas, Thanks.

NO, it did not happen the way I expected. They called the reception, reception put to HR exec, she was clueless what letter I have submitted, coz I got it from the HR director, so I presume she got offended and gave contradicting answers to DIMIA over the phone. As a result, DIMIA asked more questions and I sent a statutory declaration explaining the reasons.

NEXT.. You might not like to read this part..
They visited the company I work. For my luck, they manage to meet the HR director who issued me the letter and everything got sorted out nicely.. Today I am a PR and next month will be in Perth.

That’s how it worked in my case and I hope you will be lucky and things will get sorted out smoothly. Better to let the company know what your plans are.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

sunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nice

Originally Posted by Familytoaus

Any ideas, Thanks.
From what I've heard its quite rare for DIMA to call your employer