employer sponsor

Old Jan 24th 2009, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

h-jp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default employer sponsor

does anyone know how we can find an employer to sponsor us. my OH is a chef is there any websites you can go on where you can view employers that are eligible to sponsor?
Old Jan 25th 2009, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: employer sponsor

Originally Posted by h-jp
does anyone know how we can find an employer to sponsor us. my OH is a chef is there any websites you can go on where you can view employers that are eligible to sponsor?
To be honest your best bet to get a sponsor ........is to come to Australia on a holiday visa and try and make contact with perspective employers, it would be very very rare for a company to sponsor someone who they have never met in person unless of course you are have some profession where there is an urgent need to fill positions (ie medical type) I would say that if Australia was going go into recession people will not eat out as much....... so a Chef could be removed from the list.

A better solution is try and get a WHV or 457 and once you have been here a while you could find an employer willing to sponsor permanently.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 3:31 am
Reg. Migration Agent

SD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really nice

Originally Posted by h-jp
Hello H-jp,
There are a couple of big job site's: www.seek.com.au www.mycareer.com.au and www.careerone.com.au to name a few.

Have you looked into skilled migration as opposed to Employer sponsored? Does your husband have any formal chef qualifications like an NVQ level 2 or BTEC etc? If he does feel free to send me his CV to have a look at.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

andygale is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,I'm a carpenter who has just turned 45 i was in the same position a while ago of trying to find a sponsor for an E.N.S visa. the way i went about it was to visit yellow.com.au and search out company's in the area that i was looking to move to. I then sent my resume and a letter intruducing myself and explaining my situation to every one that I came across. I will say that it took me many nights and a lot of thanks but no thanks replies but stuck to it and finally got a reply from a company that was interested in talking to me. As you have read in a previous reply its going to be rare and hard to get someone to sponsor you without meeting you so I flew to Perth in jan to meet them and to prove my worth so to speak, I'm happy to say that it worked out ok and the wheels are rolling to gain my visa. I hope this is of some help to you and good luck with it all. please let me know if you get any joy

Last edited by andygale; Mar 2nd 2009 at 11:57 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

If you take up a job on a 457 visa I'd try to gauge how likely the organisation is to sponsor you for ENS. My place seems to prefer having people on temporary visas because as soon as they do get PR they bugger off!
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Deutschmaster
If you take up a job on a 457 visa I'd try to gauge how likely the organisation is to sponsor you for ENS. My place seems to prefer having people on temporary visas because as soon as they do get PR they bugger off!

Yeah but it can have its benefits as well, I made no secret that I was applying for a 175 which has no real employer contribution and they just give me an extra $2500 out of the blue and they offered to upgrade my car to a new 4WD in August in case I walked I presume.

When I explained the mess of the new priority processing bullshit they offered to sponsor me by ENS, which is in the process of being converted from the 175.

I wouldnt want to leave anyway.

Last edited by man_called_Horse; Mar 3rd 2009 at 5:53 am.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
Yeah but it can have its benefits as well, I made no secret that I was applying for a 175 which has no real employer contribution and they just give me an extra $2500 out of the blue and they offered to upgrade my car to a new 4WD in August in case I walked I presume.

When I explained the mess of the new priority processing bullshit they offered to sponsor me by ENS, which is in the process of being changed over.

I wouldnt want to leave anyway.
Wow, different to where I am. My place said over the phone to me they would 'help' although when I got here they said 'we won't pay for it but provide paperwork', then I discovered that because they only give one year contracts that doesn't fit the ENS thing of a 'permanent job', and when I asked them what about all the people who have applied for PR as one can only stay on a 457 for 4 years they said 'people have usually moved on by then'.

I should have made sure that it was contractual.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Deutschmaster
Wow, different to where I am. My place said over the phone to me they would 'help' although when I got here they said 'we won't pay for it but provide paperwork', then I discovered that because they only give one year contracts that doesn't fit the ENS thing of a 'permanent job', and when I asked them what about all the people who have applied for PR as one can only stay on a 457 for 4 years they said 'people have usually moved on by then'.

I should have made sure that it was contractual.

These large companies can always find ways around contracts........for it to work in your favour you have to let them rely on your skills and the cost of replacing such skills at short notice is greater than the cost of such incentives as company cars and sponsorship.

No one is ever irreplaceable but the right person can be difficult & expensive to replace.

Remember the devil you know is better than the devil you dont...
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
These large companies can always find ways around contracts........for it to work in your favour you have to let them rely on your skills and the cost of replacing such skills at short notice is greater than the cost of such incentives as company cars and sponsorship.

No one is ever irreplaceable but the right person can be difficult & expensive to replace.

Remember the devil you know is better than the devil you dont...
Yup damn right. THe only way to get a pay rise here - and I know we're paid a lot less than the private sector from talking to those who have left - is to leave. The managers hold their nerve here when somebody asks for a reference, it's just when a resignation letter is handed in that they'll think about doing something.

Unfortunately I don't want to call their bluff right now being on a temp visa. As soon as I get PR then I'll try to find another job. As soon as I find one then I'll actually hand in the resignation - they can either improve my ts and cs or I'm off.