Employer nomination scheme

Old Apr 11th 2005, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold
Question Employer nomination scheme

We are currently aiming to move to Australia sometime this year under an Employer Sponsored migration scheme. I have lots of questions!

1. How long does each method take?
2. If I am eligable for permanent residence (which I think I am) would I be better off applying for that directly or would a temporary application be quicker and could I put in a parrallel application for permanent residence?
3. Are the qualification criteria for temporary and permanent the same?

Thanks in advance for any help
Old Apr 16th 2005, 1:07 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employer nomination scheme

Originally Posted by MartinH
We are currently aiming to move to Australia sometime this year under an Employer Sponsored migration scheme. I have lots of questions!

1. How long does each method take?
2. If I am eligable for permanent residence (which I think I am) would I be better off applying for that directly or would a temporary application be quicker and could I put in a parrallel application for permanent residence?
3. Are the qualification criteria for temporary and permanent the same?

Thanks in advance for any help
1. 457 may be a little quicker on average than a permanent visa but as employer permanent visas are prioritised this is not a large gap.

2. Get permanent residence before you leave the UK, if at all possible, especially if it's a big move. There are lots of horror stories where people uproot themselves on a temporary visa and then end up in a total mess when things don't work out as planned.

3. It's harder to get a permanent visa, which is why it's important to sort that out at the start and not just hope for the best when you arrive in Australia.
The rules for ENS changed on 2 April, RSMS is unchanged and an alternative for regional Australia.

Jeremy