christopherreeve is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Emigrating Chances??

Hello everyone, first time user...

I am looking into different ways that my wife and I could qualify to emigrate
within the next few years. I am 36 years old and work for the Ministry of
Defence as an Air Freight handler. In addition I have now progressed onto
training as a Qualified Load Planner, and have also just recently gained my
Band D passport which is the M.O.D’s first level of management. Unfortunately
the skills I have do not seem to come under any of the Skilled Trades needed.
I am also a member of the RAF Reserves, trained as a Raf Regiment Infantry
Gunner, currently 2 years into a 5 year service.

Other things that may or may not help me are the fact my sister is a permanent
resident. She has been living in Australia for 15 years or so, also my sister-
in-law and brother-in-law are currently awaiting visa clearance with a view to
moving to Perth by next July.

My wife is a Residential Care Worker looking after elderly residents. She has
NVQ Qualifications but I am not sure for what (sorry).

I did spend 2 years training as a Paint Sprayer/Panel Beater when I left
school. It was part of a 3 year YTS training course, but due to unforeseen
circumstances I had to leave without getting full qualifications.

I would also be willing to re-train whilst over there, is this a possible
option if necessary ? I have looked into plumbing courses in this country, but
as my wife and I are both shift workers, getting onto college/part Time
courses is nearly Impossible

Is there anything above that could possibly help with a future application? We
have an 11 year old daughter with Cerebral Palsy and have decided that for her
and ourselves, Australia is the best option for all of us.

I am hoping to attend an EmEmigratingeminar being held in Coventry in October
to gain more information, but any other info or assistance you can offer me
would be gratefully received. If you require any other information please
don’t hesitate to contact me.

Any body out there that might be able to shine some light on our chances of qualifying?

Last edited by christopherreeve; Sep 20th 2008 at 7:40 pm.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 7:42 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emigrating Chances??

To begin with, if you don't qualify for skill migration then your options are few. You may want to review the booklets and see if anything suits:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/booklets.htm

Bear in mind that your daughter's condition would almost certainly mean that she would fail the health criteria for migration, so even if you did meet all the other requirements a refusal would still be very likely.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
To begin with, if you don't qualify for skill migration then your options are few. You may want to review the booklets and see if anything suits:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/booklets.htm

Bear in mind that your daughter's condition would almost certainly mean that she would fail the health criteria for migration, so even if you did meet all the other requirements a refusal would still be very likely.
Thanks for the quick reply, but possibly not the news I was hoping to hear.
It sounds as if our dream may have finished before we even get started.
Is there certain health requirements my daughter would have to meet to get clearance, how does that sort of thing work? Would it depend on the severity of her condition etc etc ?
Old Sep 21st 2008, 3:50 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christopherreeve
Is there certain health requirements my daughter would have to meet to get clearance, how does that sort of thing work? Would it depend on the severity of her condition etc etc ?
The health criteria that you and your dependants need to meet are in place so that you don't cost the Australian taxpayers a great deal of money in health and other costs i.e. special schooling, medications, inability to support themselves later in life, etc. Everyone on your application must meet the criteria or none of you gets your visa.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 6:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Might be worth getting professional advice on the health issue, if you find that you qualify on Skills grounds.
Agents recommended for medical issues includes Ian HArrop, Peter Bollard and George Lombard.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Might be worth getting professional advice on the health issue, if you find that you qualify on Skills grounds.
Agents recommended for medical issues includes Ian HArrop, Peter Bollard and George Lombard.
Thanks for the info everyone, I will have to look deeper into the medical side of things regarding my daughter. The agents that have been recommended, are they easily found on the internet? It may be worth me contacting them and asking a few questions before we start trying to get the ball rolling.
As for my skills chances, I take it I would have to look into perhaps retraining in this country before even thinking of applying as what I do for a living is not a skilled trade they are looking for. Saying that I have looked at quite a few recruitment agencies, and there are a few Job's going that sort of tie into my job here in Blighty, mainly Logistics/Freight movement at Airports.
Any thoughts or suggestions?
Old Sep 21st 2008, 3:13 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info everyone, I will have to look deeper into the medical side of things regarding my daughter. The agents that have been recommended, are they easily found on the internet? It may be worth me contacting them and asking a few questions before we start trying to get the ball rolling.
If you search on this forum, you will find their contact details. You may need to pay for a professional assessment and don't be surprised if the answer comes back as "no chance".
Old Sep 21st 2008, 3:37 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

As for my skills chances, I take it I would have to look into perhaps retraining in this country before even thinking of applying as what I do for a living is not a skilled trade they are looking for. Saying that I have looked at quite a few recruitment agencies, and there are a few Job's going that sort of tie into my job here in Blighty, mainly Logistics/Freight movement at Airports.
Any thoughts or suggestions?
Search all of their names on here and you will find them - George posts on BE, and the others have been recommended many times so you should find posts with their contact details
Old Sep 21st 2008, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Search all of their names on here and you will find them - George posts on BE, and the others have been recommended many times so you should find posts with their contact details
Ok again thankyou for help. Doesn't look good does it ?

I have just emailed my sister in Melbourne, she is going to make some enquiries her end as well.

would it make any difference if my daughter was vertually self sufficient money wise?