eligibility of a sponsor, subclass 176

Old Nov 25th 2010, 7:21 am
Just Joined

bonvoyage is an unknown quantity at this point
Default eligibility of a sponsor, subclass 176

I received Australian PR (visa subclass 175) on jun 2010 and planning to make the initial entry on May 2011

I wish to know whether am I eligible to sponsor my brother through visa subclass 176 of general skilled migration

1) Do i need to hold a Resident Return Visa or a requirement of being @ Australia for 2 to 3 years , to qualify as a sponsor ?

2) Even though i stamped my passport from Auckland,New Zealand, i haven't made the initial entry to Australia yet.Will this affect his application/process (he planning to apply online visa before my initial entry) ?
Old Nov 25th 2010, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: eligibility of a sponsor, subclass 176

You can't sponsor your brother until you are settled and living in Australia.

You are certainly cutting your initial entry fine! Hope you don't have to change your plans at last minute, my initial entry was delayed by a volcano eruption this year.