Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Electronics & Communication Engineers from India here?

Electronics & Communication Engineers from India here?

Old Sep 12th 2009, 3:34 am
Just Joined

reachanoop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electronics & Communication Engineers from India here?

Hello friends,

I have completed my Bachelors in Engineering (Electronics & Communication) from Bangalore University.

I am not sure if my degree will be considered as an IT minor degree by ACS for me to apply for Group B.

Is there anybody here who has the same qualification as mine and has applied for skills assessment?

Any advice in this regard will be of great help.

Thanks & Cheers
Anoop
Old Sep 12th 2009, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

kml123 is just really nicekml123 is just really nicekml123 is just really nicekml123 is just really nicekml123 is just really nicekml123 is just really nicekml123 is just really nicekml123 is just really nicekml123 is just really nice
Default Re: Electronics & Communication Engineers from India here?

Is there any reason that you would not apply to engineers australia as an Electronics engineer?
Old Sep 12th 2009, 7:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kml123
Is there any reason that you would not apply to engineers australia as an Electronics engineer?
Hi kml,
reason why I dont want to apply to Engineers Asutralia is because all my 8 years experience is in IT (SAP).
Cheers
Anoop
Old Sep 12th 2009, 3:59 pm
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am also interested on the above question?

As per my understanding...I think Anoop just need 6 years of exp!

Any advice folks?
Old Sep 13th 2009, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

tejas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by reachanoop
Hello friends,

I have completed my Bachelors in Engineering (Electronics & Communication) from Bangalore University.

I am not sure if my degree will be considered as an IT minor degree by ACS for me to apply for Group B.

Is there anybody here who has the same qualification as mine and has applied for skills assessment?

Thanks & Cheers
Anoop
yes i did my engineering in electronics & communication engineering from gujarat university . i got positive result fron engineering australia before 20 day as a electronics engineer... so go ahead
Old Sep 13th 2009, 5:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tejas
yes i did my engineering in electronics & communication engineering from gujarat university . i got positive result fron engineering australia before 20 day as a electronics engineer... so go ahead
Hi Tejas,
I have an electronics degree, but my 8 years experience has been in IT. So, I cant apply to Engineers Aus.
I am looking for somebody who is an electronics engineer but applied to ACS.
Thanks,
Cheers
Anoop
Old Sep 13th 2009, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

Hello friends,

Thanks & Cheers
Anoop

I think 8 years of experience is sufficient to apply for an ACS assessment (I think minimum is 6 years ). Hope someone would correct me if I'm wrong.

All the very best.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 7:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ronan_in_Oz
I think 8 years of experience is sufficient to apply for an ACS assessment (I think minimum is 6 years ). Hope someone would correct me if I'm wrong.

All the very best.
Thanks Ronan -
However, my dilemma is whether to apply for Group B or RPL. This depends whether my degree is considered as an IT minor degree by ACS. Any opinion on this?

Cheers
Anoop
Old Sep 13th 2009, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

Thanks Ronan -
However, my dilemma is whether to apply for Group B or RPL. This depends whether my degree is considered as an IT minor degree by ACS. Any opinion on this?

Cheers
Anoop

Anoop i'm not 100% sure about it . But if you go through the attached document (Page 5: Group B qualification criteria), you would see that with a Bachelor degree the ICT content must be at least 20% plus you need 6 years of full time ICT experience to qualify for Group B.

Have a look at the document, it might just help

Hope someone wiser would drop in and give you the exact information.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ACS Guidelines.pdf (58.7 KB, 641 views)

Last edited by ronan_in_Oz; Sep 13th 2009 at 7:51 am.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Ronan -

Cheers
Anoop

Alternatively you can go through this as well:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/ACS_Assessments

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=622835

Last edited by ronan_in_Oz; Sep 13th 2009 at 7:56 am.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

supriyag123 is an unknown quantity at this point

The primary confusion that Anoop has (as I understand from my discussion with him sometime back) is if electronics and communcation engg degree gets counted as a 'information and communication technology (ICT)' qualification as required by ACS.

Best way to know if there is any Electronics engineer (preferably from India) who has travelled through the same route before with ACS.

I am sure there must be somebdy! come on guys
Old Sep 13th 2009, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

supriyag123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi kml,
reason why I dont want to apply to Engineers Asutralia is because all my 8 years experience is in IT (SAP).
Cheers
Anoop
Hi Anoop, Kml reminds me of a case (crocodile) that is exactly similar to you.

Crocodile is a chemical engg from india and has all the work ex in IT instead.

He applied to engineer australia and got a positive assessmen, and I think he has got a PR too.

Get in touch with him ASAP. I have patched you up with him in personal email. Check your gmail. He is a very nice guy and very helpful too and I am sure he wudnt mind.

Last edited by supriyag123; Sep 13th 2009 at 10:16 am.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by supriyag123
Hi Anoop, Kml reminds me of a case (crocodile) that is exactly similar to you.

Crocodile is a chemical engg from india and has all the work ex in IT instead.

He applied to engineer australia and got a positive assessmen, and I think he has got a PR too.

Get in touch with him ASAP. I have patched you up with him in personal email. Check your gmail. He is a very nice guy and very helpful too and I am sure he wudnt mind.
Hey Supriya,
Thanks a lot. I just saw your mail. I'll get in touch with Manish .
Cheers
Anoop