Electrician migration

Old Jan 24th 2010, 8:11 am
Just Joined

mattblue25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electrician migration

hi guy's

First off let me give you some of my background.
-I am a British citizen
-I have partner who is Australian and a child (also Australian),
-I have my City and guilds level 2 and 3 2330 Electrotechnical certificate but no NVQ yet,
-I have over 2 years experience working as an electrician (not self-employed)
-We plan to move over to Oz in the next couple of years.

So my questions are will they recognize my certificates, and do I needanything else to move on a skilled migrant visa

cheers matt
Old Jan 24th 2010, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

isr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really nice
Default Re: Electrician migration

Morning, go to the working abroad by profession part of this forum and look in the electrician part and all the info you require is there.

isr999
Old Jan 24th 2010, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I would look into partner visa not skilled visa if I were you.

Regardless of what visa you go on, to work in Australia as an electrician you will need to obtain licensing. There are different places to contact depending on the state you are planning to settle in, if you follow the below link and go to the bottom of the page there are contact details for each state which might be a good starting point.

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupati...29-4311-13.htm
Old Jan 24th 2010, 11:19 am
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mattblue25
hi guy's

First off let me give you some of my background.
-I am a British citizen
-I have partner who is Australian and a child (also Australian),
-I have my City and guilds level 2 and 3 2330 Electrotechnical certificate but no NVQ yet,
-I have over 2 years experience working as an electrician (not self-employed)
-We plan to move over to Oz in the next couple of years.

So my questions are will they recognize my certificates, and do I needanything else to move on a skilled migrant visa

cheers matt
Regardless of whether you apply for a skilled visa or a partner one [and the latter will be likely be quicker with current priority processing on skilled visas] you'll need to get your trade qualifications/skills assessed as part of any licensing in Australia.
Priority information is on http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...processing.pdf
Assessment info - http://www.deewr.gov.au/Skills/Progr...s/default.aspx

Once you have an assessment, on arrival in Australia you'll find that licensing will likely involve doing a short course on Australian Wiring regulations and then working under supervision for a period of up to 12 months.