EA and VSS

Old Mar 18th 2010, 4:37 am
Just Joined

swaps_72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EA and VSS

Hi All,
Well I would like to know if one can apply for the victoria state sponsorship, before getting +ve assessment from Engineer's Australia? ( It is said by the Vic state : in their faq's that when we apply there is no need of assessment) however I would like to know has anyone done it this way and got a sponsorship? what is the success rate?
Then my second query is : I am in the process of sending my application to EA, my agent has asked me to provide salary slips for last 6 months also or salary certificate, (I have the reference letter from my current employer.) Does EA actually require them?
Old Mar 18th 2010, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

syncsam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EA and VSS

Originally Posted by swaps_72
Hi All,
Well I would like to know if one can apply for the victoria state sponsorship, before getting +ve assessment from Engineer's Australia? ( It is said by the Vic state : in their faq's that when we apply there is no need of assessment) however I would like to know has anyone done it this way and got a sponsorship? what is the success rate?
Then my second query is : I am in the process of sending my application to EA, my agent has asked me to provide salary slips for last 6 months also or salary certificate, (I have the reference letter from my current employer.) Does EA actually require them?
I did not submit salary slips for the assessment. I just provided a CV and a reference letter from my current employer.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Out of interest, supposing people on BE tell you no they didn't send payslips, are you going to go back to your agent and argue that you should not have to provide them?

Perhaps your agent has reasons for thinking it would be a good idea to send them. If you don't want to follow your agents advice then why use an agent. It seems like a pretty trivial request, I would not waste my time reasearching whether my agent is correct or not on this point.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 5:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by syncsam
I did not submit salary slips for the assessment. I just provided a CV and a reference letter from my current employer.
Thanks , have you applied for state sponsorship?
Old Mar 19th 2010, 5:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Out of interest, supposing people on BE tell you no they didn't send payslips, are you going to go back to your agent and argue that you should not have to provide them?

Perhaps your agent has reasons for thinking it would be a good idea to send them. If you don't want to follow your agents advice then why use an agent. It seems like a pretty trivial request, I would not waste my time reasearching whether my agent is correct or not on this point.
yes you are right, I will not go back and argue with my agent, actually I am not cross checking my agent also, but was bit nervous as I do not have all the pay slips for last six months. and on top of that my previous employers have refused to give me reference letters. so only thing which I have now are the joining and resigning letters.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 5:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

yes you are right, I will not go back and argue with my agent, actually I am not cross checking my agent also, but was bit nervous as I do not have all the pay slips for last six months. and on top of that my previous employers have refused to give me reference letters. so only thing which I have now are the joining and resigning letters.
Well if you do not have references, I would fully understand why your agent has asked for payslips. You need to find them or find an alternative, perhaps evidence of payments into your bank account.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

Thanks , have you applied for state sponsorship?
After I obtained +ve assessment, I secured the sponsorship from SA.

Last edited by syncsam; Mar 19th 2010 at 5:54 am.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 5:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Well if you do not have references, I would fully understand why your agent has asked for payslips. You need to find them or find an alternative, perhaps evidence of payments into your bank account.
yes. and even I gave a self declaration. I think that should be sufficient. But the only problem is EA takes 16weeks for assessment and now I don't think I would be able to apply for DIAC before july . I am afraid if electrical engineers will be removed from the new SOL.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 5:46 am
Just Joined

After I obtained the +ve assessment, I secured the sponsorship from SA.
how many weeks did EA take for your assessment total 16 weeks or less than that? and in branch have you specialized?
Old Mar 19th 2010, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

I do not think you will have problem with EA. Probably you will encounter problems from DIAC in the later stage especially regarding your previous employment record. Maybe you need to find out all the payslips, bank statements, tax notice that can prove your previous employment.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

how many weeks did EA take for your assessment total 16 weeks or less than that? and in branch have you specialized?
When I submitted my application, the stated turnaround was 12 weeks. Eventually it took around 15 weeks to get the result from EA (2125-13 Electronics Engineer).
Old Mar 19th 2010, 5:53 am
Just Joined

I do not think you will have problem with EA. Probably you will encounter problems from DIAC in the later stage especially regarding your previous employment record. Maybe you need to find out all the payslips, bank statements, tax notice that can prove your previous employment.
I will start my hunt from now and 1st thing I will do is get a salary certificate, then at later stage will get my salary account updated.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 5:56 am
Just Joined

When I submitted my application, the stated turnaround was 12 weeks. Eventually it took around 15 weeks to get the result from EA (2125-13 Electronics Engineer).
really that means for me it might take more than 16 weeks, may be by that time electrical enggs may be even out of new sol , its such a tense situation.....