Dyslexic and Forms

Old Jul 26th 2005, 12:37 pm
Adelaide Bound

Seacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Dyslexic and Forms

Hi all,

We have the application forms at the ready. We have re-read them over and over. However, I am bricking it. Any Dyslexic's out there who have successfully completed their forms? Its so stressing me out just thinking about it. I know that my hand will be shaking when it comes to pen to paper. We have a pretty much straight forward application (if that exists). We could go with an agent, but trying to save the pennies.

Ohhhhh I feel sick. But it can be done, right?
Old Jul 26th 2005, 1:25 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dyslexic and Forms

Originally Posted by Seacaptain
Hi all,

We have the application forms at the ready. We have re-read them over and over. However, I am bricking it. Any Dyslexic's out there who have successfully completed their forms? Its so stressing me out just thinking about it. I know that my hand will be shaking when it comes to pen to paper. We have a pretty much straight forward application (if that exists). We could go with an agent, but trying to save the pennies.

Hi,

I'm not dyslexic. But, I was wondering if you can ask a friend or relative to help you fill in the forms?

Or, take the forms to your local Citizens Advice Bureau (look them up in the phone book or the internet). They'll be happy to help you fill in the forms and it's a free service.

Good luck!

Gina
Old Jul 26th 2005, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

s_saletic is an unknown quantity at this point

We filled it on our own.

Actually, we made 3 probes first, than filled in the final one. It is not so disturbing, believe me. Just made a few copies first, than at the end, you just have to copy words, do not think about form :-)

And we also had straight case (we thought so), without any agent, but it lasted for 15 months...
Old Jul 26th 2005, 5:19 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I would go with GinaUK's suggestion. Just wanted to wish you luck
Old Jul 27th 2005, 5:06 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

I helped my brother with his TRA application (He's Dyslexic), he told me what he did in his role and I typed it for him. He passed. I will be going home next weekend to help with the application.

Ask a mate, ask a family member....I'm sure they will help!

Sending you some karma.

Claire
Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:50 pm
Adelaide Bound

Seacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by claire edwards
I helped my brother with his TRA application (He's Dyslexic), he told me what he did in his role and I typed it for him. He passed. I will be going home next weekend to help with the application.

Ask a mate, ask a family member....I'm sure they will help!

Sending you some karma.

Claire
Many thanks for the suggestions. I have been working on photocopies in pencil, once we think we have it right my sister is going to look over it for us. Its not so much the writing its reading the questions correctly, which I am pants at!

Cheers again!
Old Jul 27th 2005, 7:07 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Many thanks for the suggestions. I have been working on photocopies in pencil, once we think we have it right my sister is going to look over it for us. Its not so much the writing its reading the questions correctly, which I am pants at!

Cheers again!
You do really well on here though I work with dyslexics so I know how tough it is for you and is not a measure of intelligence. Good luck
Old Jul 27th 2005, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Bubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
You do really well on here though I work with dyslexics so I know how tough it is for you and is not a measure of intelligence. Good luck
Hi

i would recommend the have several goes approach. I am not dyslexic and that is the way we had to do ut, step by step, check each question in triplicate at least, discuss what answers to write etc and the copy up the final one. At least with an electronic copy you can just keep printing out pages to do again. One other thought - don't do this when you are tired or too stressed

Good luck

Bubbles