Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

During the JOB verification stage my previous employer gave wrong information...

During the JOB verification stage my previous employer gave wrong information...

Old Jul 26th 2009, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

legolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nice
Default During the JOB verification stage my previous employer gave wrong information...

Hi
It looks like that two weeks ago an officer from Australian embassy called my previous workplace and ask them about my work period in that company.

The manager gives them completely wrong information as I left the company because of their delays in paying the salaries and some other reasons.

I have just become aware through one of my former colleagues that this has happened. Is there any way that I can tell the officer about this problems? will it cause my application to fail.

The manager told the Embassy officer that I started in 2007 while I started working there in 2006. also the manager told the officer I am still working for the same company which again is not true, I left them 6 months ago.

I need professional advices on this (payed advices if there are any sort of solution for it)

Thanks
Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:56 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: During the JOB verification stage my previous employer gave wrong information...

Originally Posted by legolasWood
Hi
It looks like that two weeks ago an officer from Australian embassy called my previous workplace and ask them about my work period in that company.

The manager gives them completely wrong information as I left the company because of their delays in paying the salaries and some other reasons.

I have just become aware through one of my former colleagues that this has happened. Is there any way that I can tell the officer about this problems? will it cause my application to fail.

The manager told the Embassy officer that I started in 2007 while I started working there in 2006. also the manager told the officer I am still working for the same company which again is not true, I left them 6 months ago.

I need professional advices on this (payed advices if there are any sort of solution for it)

Thanks
Your case officer will give you the opportunity to comment if he/she is not satisfied with the information they receive from you checks.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

ritu1234 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: During the JOB verification stage my previous employer gave wrong information...

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Your case officer will give you the opportunity to comment if he/she is not satisfied with the information they receive from you checks.
Meanwhile You collect all evidence and information about your old company.Like your old company colleagues phone number for co reference,and you can may be provide reference letter.If you have any banking transaction or relieving order whatever you can provide it (collect docs)will help to solve your problem.My friend got rejection letter in this type of problem he dont know how to satisfy with his co requirement.
Thanks
Ritu
Old Jul 27th 2009, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

srnp will become famous soon enough

It is not possible for employer to remind actual date when the employee work in that office.He/she has to look at the office record.one can't remind about all past employee when they receive phone calls.
It is better if they ask for contract documents or appointment letter or have direct visit to find these all.
I m also worry if i got verification in past employee they would't say everything correct as person writing reference already got transferred.and new officer has to loook at the records to find everything abt me.
but i have all docs in employee records.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

In that case you can send a recent work numbers of all your past employees to your CO-

Check all of them before you send. Give instruction to all of them some one might call from oz and what exactly they have to tell

Its possible and moreover DIAC interested in most recent (according to my experience and case) ( If you claim specific exp they might need to call previous ones also)

Last edited by helloshivahere; Jul 27th 2009 at 6:51 am.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 7:03 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helloshivahere
In that case you can send a recent work numbers of all your past employees to your CO-

Check all of them before you send. Give instruction to all of them some one might call from oz and what exactly they have to tell

Its possible and moreover DIAC interested in most recent (according to my experience and case) ( If you claim specific exp they might need to call previous ones also)
If you are telling the truth then you should not have to tell your former employers what to say. Certainly the reference letters and employment details would say the same things...Wouldn't they? And since you would have sent the reference letter with your application the contact details of the workplace will be on the letter.

If your former supervisor has moved on then certainly DIAC would understand that. All the employer has to say is that they are not sure about you and will have to check the employment records.

Oh, and by "you" I don't mean YOU, but a general everyone.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

If you are telling the truth then you should not have to tell your former employers what to say. Certainly the reference letters and employment details would say the same things...Wouldn't they? And since you would have sent the reference letter with your application the contact details of the workplace will be on the letter.

If your former supervisor has moved on then certainly DIAC would understand that. All the employer has to say is that they are not sure about you and will have to check the employment records.

Oh, and by "you" I don't mean YOU, but a general everyone.
I could manage to tell them what to say and moreover not to reach MD. Otherwise I will be in the middle of no where .Its upto OP then

Afterall every case is diff
Old Jul 27th 2009, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

asifrupani will become famous soon enough

You must have provided, the experience certificate collected from ex-employer on which last working date and duration of employment should be mentioned and also appointment/contract letter from new and ex employer, to DIAC along with that other supporting document i.e. pay slips (from ex and new employment) banks statement etc which should be sufficient to prove the case, if you have already provided all these documents. If I am not wrong the applicant are given the chance to prove themselves if need arises.
All the best.