Dum blonde question

Old Aug 12th 2004, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

LauranJ is on a distinguished road
Default Dum blonde question

Sorry having a blonde moment.

Was just thinking - the cost of the visas, is this per family or per person?

Just watching BBC2 and they said about childrens visas costing more.

please clarify this for me

Thanx
Old Aug 12th 2004, 9:16 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Dum blonde question

Originally Posted by LauranJ

Thanx

Hi LaurenJ,

The cost is per person. The costs as of July 1st are listed here http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i.htm

Last edited by mlbonner; Aug 12th 2004 at 11:31 pm.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:41 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Hi LaurenJ,

The cost is per person. The costs as of July 1st are listed here http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i.htm

From another blonde
Not correct.
The visa application charge for general skilled migration is AUD1845 *per family*.

With the greatest of respect to BBC2, it's not the place to get reliable advice about Australian visas unless you can verify it from the DIMIA website.

One further point - as the application goes to Adelaide you must pay in AUD, not the currency of wherever you live.

Jeremy
Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:47 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
Not correct.
The visa application charge for general skilled migration is AUD1845 *per family*.

With the greatest of respect to BBC2, it's not the place to get reliable advice about Australian visas unless you can verify it from the DIMIA website.

One further point - as the application goes to Adelaide you must pay in AUD, not the currency of wherever you live.

Jeremy
Jeremy

I think what happened with the people on the tele was that they got their visas, validated, but then had two children before they got round to moving permanently, but they didn't mention cost and they got them through in a couple of weeks.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 11:15 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Jeremy

I think what happened with the people on the tele was that they got their visas, validated, but then had two children before they got round to moving permanently, but they didn't mention cost and they got them through in a couple of weeks.
Different situation. They would likely have had to apply for Dependent Child visas, new form, new fee, new medicals (for the children) etc.

Jeremy
Old Aug 13th 2004, 5:44 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
Different situation. They would likely have had to apply for Dependent Child visas, new form, new fee, new medicals (for the children) etc.

Jeremy
Yes the parents had to pay £550 for each child, can't remember which visa, but they got PR. TV didn't mention medicals etc but that's TV for you. Gave you ther impression that it was a simple phone call to AHC in London

Walla
Old Aug 13th 2004, 6:04 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Thanx
Hi Lauran

It depends on which visa.
My hubby applied for a spouse visa and our son was included in that at no extra charge, although their medicals were paid for seperately.
Good luck!
Old Aug 13th 2004, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

LauranJ is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys,

I did think it was per family, but had a heart attack when I saw the programme even though it's a completely different situation. I'm getting to the doubting myself phase - is this common?

They really do make it look easy on the tv no wonder so many people want to go after seeing these shows.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 8:49 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by shecha
Hi Lauran

It depends on which visa.
My hubby applied for a spouse visa and our son was included in that at no extra charge, although their medicals were paid for seperately.
Good luck!
Have you registered your son as an Australian by descent? Would've been cheaper in the long run to do that rather than include him as a migrant.

Would've avoided having him to do medicals for starters.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 10:57 am
JAJ
Retired

Thanks guys,

I did think it was per family, but had a heart attack when I saw the programme even though it's a completely different situation. I'm getting to the doubting myself phase - is this common?
It's not that common.

When people who get PR move to Australia and have their children born *in Australia* the kids are Australian citizens automatically and don't need visas.

Jeremy
Old Aug 13th 2004, 4:47 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Ulujain
Have you registered your son as an Australian by descent? Would've been cheaper in the long run to do that rather than include him as a migrant.

Would've avoided having him to do medicals for starters.

Hi there Ulujain,
You're right we could have registered our son as an Oz citizen by descent, but we didn't realise this until after he's had the medical! But it only cost £40.00 for the medical, so not worried about that and there was no cost for adding him onto my hubby's spouse visa and he's already got a UK passport to travel on, so we were lucky!!!
We can register him as an Ozzie citizen as soon as we get to Oz according to the AHC, so we'll do that.
Cheers