Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Dose it still work on point system if your parent a citizen here.

Dose it still work on point system if your parent a citizen here.

Old May 16th 2008, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dose it still work on point system if your parent a citizen here.

Hi,

My friend wants to immigrate here, but she said she hasnt got enough points, so I said why dont you get your dad to sponsor you, she said she thinks still hasnt got enough points, she is 41 year old she is teacher, doing her degree to give her enough points, but been teacher in college for the last 7 or 8 years.

So cant her father Sponsor her to come, or does she still need to have the point system for skilled migrant.

Any suggestion in this matter would be much appreciated.
Old May 16th 2008, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Dose it still work on point system if your parent a citizen here.

Hi,

For family sponsorship I'm sure you need 100 points.

Cheers
mandy
Old May 16th 2008, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

We are here on PR visa, so I dont know how to help her, so would that 100 points be enough, or does she still need 120 points to get in.
I'm so clueless.
Old May 16th 2008, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Skilled independant is 120 points, family sponsorship is 100 points.

So if your friends father is going to sponsor her, she would only need to get 100 points to be eligible to apply to come over on the family sponsor visa.

Cheers
Mandy
Old May 17th 2008, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mandyp
Skilled independant is 120 points, family sponsorship is 100 points.

So if your friends father is going to sponsor her, she would only need to get 100 points to be eligible to apply to come over on the family sponsor visa.

Cheers
Mandy
Thanks Mandy, I just got mail from her, she said her dad is going to sponsor her, but she needs 100 points like you said, but she only got 95 points, so she cant get in that way.
I really thought I was clueless, dont know what she's on about, she said she might have to go for regional visa.
Old May 17th 2008, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Thanks Mandy, I just got mail from her, she said her dad is going to sponsor her, but she needs 100 points like you said, but she only got 95 points, so she cant get in that way.
I really thought I was clueless, dont know what she's on about, she said she might have to go for regional visa.
Has she included sitting the IELTS test to get extra points? Automatically get 15 but if you sit the test and pass can possibly get an extra 10 points.

Cheers
Mandy
Old May 17th 2008, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mandyp
Has she included sitting the IELTS test to get extra points? Automatically get 15 but if you sit the test and pass can possibly get an extra 10 points.

Cheers
Mandy
I dont know, I'll be asking her if she knows anything about the test, I'll let you know.
Thanks for the help Mandy.
Old May 17th 2008, 1:17 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

My friend wants to immigrate here, but she said she hasnt got enough points, so I said why dont you get your dad to sponsor you, she said she thinks still hasnt got enough points, she is 41 year old she is teacher, doing her degree to give her enough points, but been teacher in college for the last 7 or 8 years.

So cant her father Sponsor her to come, or does she still need to have the point system for skilled migrant.
For the 176 skilled sponsored visa a points test still applies, although the pass mark is lower. Is father living in Australia.
And how can she be a teacher if she doesn't already have a degree?

If her father was an Australian citizen when she was born she may be eligible for Australian citizenship by descent.

If none of the above, where are all her close relatives (parents, siblings and non-dependent children).
Old May 17th 2008, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JAJ
For the 176 skilled sponsored visa a points test still applies, although the pass mark is lower. Is father living in Australia.
And how can she be a teacher if she doesn't already have a degree?

If her father was an Australian citizen when she was born she may be eligible for Australian citizenship by descent.

If none of the above, where are all her close relatives (parents, siblings and non-dependent children).
Her Dad been here since the 70's, divorced her mum, & married again to aussie born.
I'm only the messenger so dont shoot me, I dont understand her either, she said she hasnt got enough point even with her dad sponsoring her she only has 95 point.
I dont know if the degree she's doing is for her teaching or something else, I'm only giving you the information she's given me, well I'm confuse.
So JAJ, can she just get in if her dad sponsor her?
Old May 17th 2008, 7:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Her Dad been here since the 70's, divorced her mum, & married again to aussie born.
I'm only the messenger so dont shoot me, I dont understand her either, she said she hasnt got enough point even with her dad sponsoring her she only has 95 point.
I dont know if the degree she's doing is for her teaching or something else, I'm only giving you the information she's given me, well I'm confuse.
So JAJ, can she just get in if her dad sponsor her?
To be honest I think she needs to call someone like George Lombard and get a professional assessment, just to be sure she has the right path mapped out.
Old May 17th 2008, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

I agree with Pollyanna, best for her to get professional advice before setting off on this journey.

If she hasn't accounted for the IELTS test in her 95 points that would defo be the way to get her passed the 100 mark, that's what I did. A few hours out of your life and £95 - well worth it for the end prize!

Good luck to your friend.
Old May 17th 2008, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
To be honest I think she needs to call someone like George Lombard and get a professional assessment, just to be sure she has the right path mapped out.
I have mentioned it to her that I could recommend George or Allen, & she did say she would go for a agent, but I think she doesnt want to sound silly, I have told her she wont, they must have seen worse then her.
Old May 17th 2008, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Oz Rascal
I agree with Pollyanna, best for her to get professional advice before setting off on this journey.

If she hasn't accounted for the IELTS test in her 95 points that would defo be the way to get her passed the 100 mark, that's what I did. A few hours out of your life and £95 - well worth it for the end prize!

Good luck to your friend.
I will tell her about the test, when I email her later tonight, I'm sure she will past the test with flying colours.
Old May 17th 2008, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

I will tell her about the test, when I email her later tonight, I'm sure she will past the test with flying colours.
Yeah defo, it was easy enough - providing you give it the respect it deserves, after all - it is a test. I bought a book off Amazon by Barrons which is a revision book, very helpful and well worth the £10.