Don't know where to start?!

Old Dec 26th 2005, 6:37 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Don't know where to start?!

Hi,

My fiance & I recieved a free ticket back to Australia and have decided that we wish to go back in Dec 2006. Saying that....and for all the dreaming of returning to Australia, I have done...I don't know where or when to start preparing?!

Any advice would be much appreciated.

A bit of history - I am an Aussie Citizen and have been back in the UK since 1999. My fiance (been together since 1998) is Indian by birth but a British Citizen. We plan on getting a 'spouse' visa and get married in Australia.

My Aussie passport runs out in August, so I need to renew that, but when would be the best time to apply for the visa for him?

As I said, any advice would be greatly appreciated

Susan

EDIT - He has had a working visa in Australia before and spent 10 months there. (just some info)
Old Dec 26th 2005, 11:08 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't know where to start?!

Hello Susan. Hope you are enjoying a Happy Xmas.

There may be two options for your partner: a Spouse visa application on de facto grounds if you have been living together (and can demonstrate this) for at least 12 months, or a Prospective Marriage visa if you are intending to marry in Australia within 9 months of the visa being granted. The second pathway also requires an application to be made for a Spouse visa within the 9 months of visa grant.

See also the DIMIA booklet number 1: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/books1.htm

Being in the UK you would be best advised to lodge your application through the Australian High Commission in London. Applications that are what is called "front end loaded" (which means submitted with the results of his medical examination/chest X-ray and police report/s) are usually assessed at the AHC quickly - which means within 7 to 14 days presently.

Hope this helps for starters - if you'd like to have a chat feel able to contact my colleague Lorraine Beaumont on 023 80 488777.

Best regards.

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
Hi,

My fiance & I recieved a free ticket back to Australia and have decided that we wish to go back in Dec 2006. Saying that....and for all the dreaming of returning to Australia, I have done...I don't know where or when to start preparing?!

Any advice would be much appreciated.

A bit of history - I am an Aussie Citizen and have been back in the UK since 1999. My fiance (been together since 1998) is Indian by birth but a British Citizen. We plan on getting a 'spouse' visa and get married in Australia.

My Aussie passport runs out in August, so I need to renew that, but when would be the best time to apply for the visa for him?

As I said, any advice would be greatly appreciated

Susan

EDIT - He has had a working visa in Australia before and spent 10 months there. (just some info)