British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Don't have a Birth Certificate (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/dont-have-birth-certificate-643152/)

shafaqat309 Dec 3rd 2009 3:33 am

Don't have a Birth Certificate

I don't have a Birth Certificate, will my passport or educational documents work for this purpose? Or i must have a Birth Certificate.
Attending to apply 175

Rodger_lawson Dec 3rd 2009 3:48 am

Re: Don't have a Birth Certificate

Originally Posted by shafaqat309 (Post 8142924)
I don't have a Birth Certificate, will my passport or educational documents work for this purpose? Or i must have a Birth Certificate.
Attending to apply 175

it worked for me. i provided very early school documents, my tax-id, license, and voter-id. the co accepted them in place of a birth certificate.

itprofessional Dec 3rd 2009 5:13 am

Attending to apply 175

Better is you should get your B. Cert. from GOVT. OF PUNJAB. :)

shafaqat309 Dec 3rd 2009 6:10 am

Originally Posted by itprofessional (Post 8143031)
Better is you should get your B. Cert. from GOVT. OF PUNJAB. :)

I have B-From but in native language, do you know how to get the English translated version of it?

Dorothy Dec 3rd 2009 6:14 am

Originally Posted by shafaqat309 (Post 8143093)
I have B-From but in native language, do you know how to get the English translated version of it?

You need to take any documents not in English to be translated by a NAATI certified translator. You can find them by looking at the NAATI website.

mustafa_jaleel Dec 3rd 2009 7:45 am

Attending to apply 175

I see you are from Lahore; I get mine very easily, head to TOWN HALL, Mall Road opposite Punjab Uni Old Campus. They will get that issued from Nadra. There wont be any translations required as they are already in English along with URDU as well :)

Cheers!

lalitahuja Dec 3rd 2009 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 8143098)
You need to take any documents not in English to be translated by a NAATI certified translator. You can find them by looking at the NAATI website.

I think 'NAATI certified translator' is required if Applicant is in Australia. If outside Australia, concerned departement or other professional translator can do.

shafaqat309 Dec 3rd 2009 8:04 am

Originally Posted by mustafa_jaleel (Post 8143233)
I see you are from Lahore; I get mine very easily, head to TOWN HALL, Mall Road opposite Punjab Uni Old Campus. They will get that issued from Nadra. There wont be any translations required as they are already in English along with URDU as well :)

Cheers!

O that's great, i will do it easily now, would you guide me what documnets they need for this.

mustafa_jaleel Dec 3rd 2009 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by shafaqat309 (Post 8143263)
O that's great, i will do it easily now, would you guide me what documnets they need for this.

Take your and your father's CNIC with you and that would be good if you take your grand father's ID card too, as they did asked that from me, however Grand Father's ID card is not mandatory.

Good Luck!