Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Doing PCs and medicals inbetween applying and waiting for CO

Doing PCs and medicals inbetween applying and waiting for CO

Old May 5th 2008, 8:06 pm
and Anna : )

james2300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Doing PCs and medicals inbetween applying and waiting for CO

I'm aware of the validity time of medicals and police checks, but was curious whether anyone else has done their PC's and medicals in between completing the application process and waiting for a Case Officer...instead of either front loading or waiting until told to?

I'm assuming this way when the CO asks for the Medicals and PC's they'll already be done.

I understand the medical department will know where to send? Is this correct, or do we need to tell them what to do?
And with the police checks we'll just scan in the letter and attach to the application?

Thanks again for all the resources.
James
Old May 5th 2008, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doing PCs and medicals inbetween applying and waiting for CO

Originally Posted by james2300
I'm aware of the validity time of medicals and police checks, but was curious whether anyone else has done their PC's and medicals in between completing the application process and waiting for a Case Officer...instead of either front loading or waiting until told to?

I'm assuming this way when the CO asks for the Medicals and PC's they'll already be done.

I understand the medical department will know where to send? Is this correct, or do we need to tell them what to do?
And with the police checks we'll just scan in the letter and attach to the application?

Thanks again for all the resources.
James

Are you an online or paper application? Loads of online apps have frontloaded the meds & pcc's (and I'm starting to get twitchy about the date of our PCC's although hopefully we'll have a CO soon). If its online you download the meds forms which have your TRN on them already so they can be linked. Paper based, well, there are paper based people from September who are still waiting for a CO as the August backlog is still clearing.

If you're using an agent, take their guidance as to when to do them, but DIAC's weekly update says when the allocations are within 3 months of your application date, so that gives you an idea.
Old May 5th 2008, 8:33 pm
and Anna : )

james2300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Doing PCs and medicals inbetween applying and waiting for CO

Thanks for the info. I will be an online applicant as soon as i sit and pass my IELTS (fingers crossed...i need the full 25 points). 176 relative sponsored.
james