Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Does this visa type seem to make a difference?

Does this visa type seem to make a difference?

Old Feb 4th 2007, 6:33 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does this visa type seem to make a difference?

Hi

After much discussion on another part of the forum I had a look at austimelines and going on an ENS (subclass 121) seems to be quicker than other visa types?
Can anyone tell me if this is true?

Alot of discussion around processing times is at least 6 months for the other types however ENS seems to be pushing them through quicker or have I read the times wrong? Some are as quick as 2 months ?????

Sorry it's just we're trying to decide what to do and when i.e getting house ready to sell etc?

Jen
Old Feb 4th 2007, 6:36 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does this visa type seem to make a difference?

Originally Posted by JenJen
Hi

After much discussion on another part of the forum I had a look at austimelines and going on an ENS (subclass 121) seems to be quicker than other visa types?
Can anyone tell me if this is true?
ENS cases get priority from DIMA. Although every case is different, well prepared applications without complicating factors usually don't take much more than a few months.

Remember though - for offshore applicants, a skill assessment is usually needed for ENS. If that's the case, have you obtained one? Or confirmed that one is not needed?
Old Feb 4th 2007, 8:57 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does this visa type seem to make a difference?

Originally Posted by JAJ
ENS cases get priority from DIMA. Although every case is different, well prepared applications without complicating factors usually don't take much more than a few months.

Remember though - for offshore applicants, a skill assessment is usually needed for ENS. If that's the case, have you obtained one? Or confirmed that one is not needed?
Is the skill assesment done by the migration agent or applicant prior to sending the visa in or is it asked for once the CO has been asigned?

I generally leave my husband to deal with the visa side of things, he's only home 3 days a week and with three kids my time tends to be taken with them whereas my husbands is taken with this, I can only tell you of what I KNOW has happend so far.

After my husband was offered a job with a company in Melbourne (Jan 2006) we then checked to see if my husbands skills were listed on the immigration? website, which they are. We were going to travel out on a 457 visa however we felt that it would be easier for us to go for a PR visa and eventually the company in Australia backed this decision. We had to go through alot of two steps forward 4 steps back when it came to recognising some of his qualifications though and through that my husband had to contact the UK's Engineering Council, once information was provided by them we sent that off to our migration agent who forwarded it on to the council in Australia - I believe a Sydney Accord was awarded.
A detailed job description had to be provided from the company and having done that the visa was sent on off the 30th January 2007, our migration agent has said we should hear back within a month to say that DIMIA have received it and she would hope we would have a CO by May/ June ? and then estimates it should only be a further 2 months after that before our visa is granted (all being well)

Maybe i'll get to see more of my husband when we move to Australia? Would be good to understand whats going on though?

Jen